S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

ASP Tune for b8 s4

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGP
Mark pretty much figured that anything posted would start a $hitstorm from other tuners and their disciples. He was right.
The only reason there is a "$hitstorm" as you call it is because you and bpp came on all the forums and raved about the tune yet won't share any REAL data... If Mark is confident in his tune and the results why would he care if you shared data logs? I offered to send my vagcom cable and walk bpp through how to take logs, but no dice... I also offered to paypal him the funds to take it to the strip, I know I know, he is a road racer not a drag racer... Heaven forbid he try it... Again if Mark is confident he would want bpp to take the car to the strip and post the results... Do you think my posts on visiting the strip hurt APR's sales?

Also, before you start throwing stones at me keep in mind I took my car to the dragstrip the very first day it was tuned... Guess what the tune didn't work... Did I hide that from the forums? No I came on here and said something isn't right with the tune, for all to see... APR realized they didn't flash it correctly and corrected that at their cost... I also was the first person to publicly point out that APR's tuned screwed up the shifting of my car after the pulley install, didn't hide it from anyone... Again, APR admitted the issue and corrected it at their cost... So please don't label me as some "disciple", when in reality I have been one of their biggest critics... I run their tune because it works, is safe, and they have superior customer service in comparison to all the other tuners...

Berate Saki all you want but the fact is he is right... Sometimes the truth hurts...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the issue also stems from the fact that we're all enthusiasts and are excited to see a new player enter the game. We get all excited, come knocking on the door of the one person who can provide data (I love data) on the new tune so we can compare and contrast it against existing data for other tunes, and that person slams the door in our face saying it's none of our business.

We all take the numbers reported by a company selling a tune with a grain of salt since it's coming from a biased source. That's why we want data from other enthusiasts via logs and track times. The moment another person tells us that they have an ASP tune, we'll probably hound them for data and logs too.

Be a member of the community and let's work together to check out how this latest tune is accomplishing great things on our cars.

-Skid
Old 07-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do realise it is NOT my car. What bpp and Mark decide to do is entirely up to them, not me. If it were my car, I would have probably done differently. Since I'm Not a racer, I doubt I would have taken it to the drag strip. But I agree that I would have liked more documentation. Hopefully it will come soon.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by L0U
Its the Haki Sack Attack. Things went south when the S4 got cheaper and faster in one year. BOO to the B8.
Good to see you still have ZERO to add to any discussion. Still hoping to rally the boys against me and paint me as a B8 hater, huh? Sorry Lou, doesn't work.

Don't forget I had a B8 long before you. Nice try.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rs4dreams
It seems to me that their displayed 260 whp stock numbers are just extrapolated from 333 audi-advertised hp - around 20% drivetrain loss. Of course, the stock b8 makes more power than that so maybe they just did this to make their gains more impressive.
this is correct.

Bruce
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

lol Saki, just stirring up the pot. B8 S4 tunes are not much different from each other.... you would know this if you had a brain...

Bruce

Originally Posted by sakimano
Sure went quiet around here

Anyone notice that

1 asp makes 40 whp more on 93 than 91 ? Impossible)
2 asp makes 42.5% gains on just a 93 tune? Impossible. If the S4 makes 333 crank HP stock...that means their stage one 93 tune us making about 475 crank HP lol

Awesome

Anyone get any answers out of asp or their sales team who started these promotion threads?
Anyone ask them why they are using the 91 stock dyno to compare to the 93 tune?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rktskicar
lol Saki, just stirring up the pot. B8 S4 tunes are not much different from each other.... you would know this if you had a brain...

Bruce
Excuse me?

I an pointing out an obvious crock of sh¡T that you and your asp loving friends are eating with big spoons, and you are saying I don't have a brain? Are you saying that all the tunes are so similar (this is entirely untrue by the way) we should treat all tunes the same no matter what they advertise, or how many engines they blow?

you prize yourself on being an engineer and announce it every five minutes (as if that is supposed to be impressive or absolves you from being wrong) yet rather than address the facts like an engineer, instead you ignore the questions about the obvious flaws in this company's current and past offerings, and instead hurl insults and Lols. Some engineer you are.

Classy Bruce.

Last edited by sakimano; 07-21-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

good try Saki, C+

Originally Posted by sakimano
Excuse me?

I an pointing out an obvious crock of sh¡T that you and your asp loving friends are eating with big spoons, and you are saying I don't have a brain? Are you saying that all the tunes are so similar (this is entirely untrue by the way) we should treat all tunes the same no matter what they advertise, or how many engines they blow?

you prize yourself on being an engineer and announce it every five minutes (as if that is supposed to be impressive or absolves you from being wrong) yet rather than address the facts like an engineer, instead you ignore the questions about the obvious flaws in this company's current and past offerings, and instead hurl insults and Lols. Some engineer you are.

Classy Bruce.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rktskicar

Bruce
Bruce, this is simply not true... I have reviewed many logs from the various tuners(apr,revo,giac)' and can assure you they are noticeably different, especially revo... I wouldn't run their tune if you paid me as it is way to aggressive and removes some of the safeguards...