S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi Care - worth it? Prices paid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSG service

Can someone please confirm that DSG transmission fluid service is included in the 35K mile service? I spoke to AoA customer service rep and he mentioned that Audi Care maintenance has been revised recently, but I cannot find any documentation on Audi website confirming that DSG service is now included in Audi Care program.

BTW, I called an Audi dealership today to get their price for a 35K service and they quoted me $798, which seems a bit excessive! I wonder if DSG service is the reason for such high price. If this is the case, then buying Audi Care is a no brainer because it pays for itself in just one service visit.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dr bryan
If you do the work your self Audicare is not worth it. If you need to take it to someone, Audicare is cheaper...
For 6 speeds is it just oil changes or is there something else? If the automatic is so expensive to service I wonder if it makes sense for 6 speeds or if Audi's number is based on the auto service. I have a real good independent mechanic, but it would be nice to just pull in, get my loaner and have no hassles.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Definitely worth it. The 4th service alone will run $800 min.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndyXXL
Can someone please confirm that DSG transmission fluid service is included in the 35K mile service? I spoke to AoA customer service rep and he mentioned that Audi Care maintenance has been revised recently, but I cannot find any documentation on Audi website confirming that DSG service is now included in Audi Care program.

BTW, I called an Audi dealership today to get their price for a 35K service and they quoted me $798, which seems a bit excessive! I wonder if DSG service is the reason for such high price. If this is the case, then buying Audi Care is a no brainer because it pays for itself in just one service visit.

You should of have received a letter from Audi stating the DSG transmission fluid should be included in your 35k service. Don't see why not it wouldn't be included in audi care since audi care includes every maintenance up to 45k except wear/tear.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the 6spd and thought it was worth it. I leased, so with the added 1% residual it cost me an add'l $10/month, or $360 over the life of my lease. To be able to just drop the car off and not have to worry about was totally worth the $10/month to me. Also, it's not just oil and filter changes...they (supposedly) check a ton of things as well on the services after 5K.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by planbs4
You should of have received a letter from Audi stating the DSG transmission fluid should be included in your 35k service. Don't see why not it wouldn't be included in audi care since audi care includes every maintenance up to 45k except wear/tear.
This - if you don't have a copy of the extra page insert they FedEx'd to everyone I can scan it to PDF for you to print out in case the dealer hassles you, but it IS covered.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the responses, guys. If you could post a copy of that letter that would be terrific, because I would like to make a decision whether or not to buy Audi Care. The Audi rep I spoke to yesterday mentioned the letter but the problem is that I bought my 2010 CPO S4 only 2 weeks ago, so I never received this letter. I asked the Audi rep to send me a copy and he was unsure how to go about it since my car was purchased used and not new. I am not sure why this would make a difference since it had less than 5K miles when I got it. In any event, he promised to follow up with me later this week, but in case he doesn't it would be nice to have a copy. Thanks again!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a repeat customer and so had $750 Audi incentive for my lease - which I just traded for Audicare.

Re-edited because I saw youposted the same time I did. You made a good decision!

Last edited by drrick89; 12-16-2010 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
I paid $750. Definitely worth it if you plan to do the maintenance at the dealer.
ditto
Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

For those of you still wondering if Audi Care is worth it, the price has gone up from $790 to $850 on Dec. 5. I still decided to buy it because just the 35K mile service at my dealer costs $980 and does include DSG transmission fluid change. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Audi Care - worth it? Prices paid?