S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

AUDI Dealers Selling "Performance"

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default AUDI Dealers Selling "Performance"

Never thought I'd see the day where a manufacturer is selling some kind of post purchase peformance enhacement. I have my own ideas of what Performance enhancements are, especally on the power end, but today an AUDI dealer was asking me if I was interested in chipping (Stasis) my S4. Wow, how times have changed
Old 04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some dealerships choose to be authorized Stasis dealerships. They will install aftermarket mods for you (at a premium) that have to be Stasis parts, and installed a the Stasis dealership. Once done, the parts are covered by Stasis against any warranty claims, should they cause problems to the car Audi refuses to fix due to the parts being aftermarket.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
Never thought I'd see the day where a manufacturer is selling some kind of post purchase peformance enhacement. I have my own ideas of what Performance enhancements are, especally on the power end, but today an AUDI dealer was asking me if I was interested in chipping (Stasis) my S4. Wow, how times have changed
Actually, it isn't that unusal. Back in the days, that's how AMG operated with Mercedes and Alpina did with BMW's. That's until BMW decided to make their own performance M-series and Mercedes took the easier way out by buying AMG out. And even today, MTM and ABT are still doing the same for VW/Audi over in Europe.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, my dealer was showing me the stasis parts brochure before I even had my car yet.

what a tease.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pyramid
Yeah, my dealer was showing me the stasis parts brochure before I even had my car yet.

what a tease.
To each their own, personally I wouldn't pay the extreme markups for anything Stasis, considering all they have is rebranded items others make. I'd prefer to save coin and go right to the source for the same thing, and cut the middle man out. To others, the comfort of a warranty (even though it is NOT from Audi) is worth it.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

The standard price on the Stasis ECU tune is the same price as the standard price on the APR 91 ECU tune. They just nick you for the labor, of course they offer a free loaner vehicle.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
(even though it is NOT from Audi)
is it really not covered by Audi? When I had my water pump replaced, the service manager at "our" dealer was pushing the Statsis chip on me. I asked him point blank how the warranty is handled and he said Audi covers it all - your original factory warranty is unaffected if they install the chip.

now, maybe he's clueless and wanted to tell me what he thought I wanted to hear. but he was not vague about what he was saying.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
To each their own, personally I wouldn't pay the extreme markups for anything Stasis, considering all they have is rebranded items others make. I'd prefer to save coin and go right to the source for the same thing, and cut the middle man out. To others, the comfort of a warranty (even though it is NOT from Audi) is worth it.
Dude, you just let the secret out. If I were you, I would get out of town for awhile and change your name and hair color. Stasis will be knocking on your door soon and want to have a little "chat" with you.

Be safe and fight the POWER !!!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
is it really not covered by Audi? When I had my water pump replaced, the service manager at "our" dealer was pushing the Statsis chip on me. I asked him point blank how the warranty is handled and he said Audi covers it all - your original factory warranty is unaffected if they install the chip.

now, maybe he's clueless and wanted to tell me what he thought I wanted to hear. but he was not vague about what he was saying.
LISTEN to the Oracle as he speaks the truth and yes, your service manager is indeed clueless in this case.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tifosi
Actually, it isn't that unusal. Back in the days, that's how AMG operated with Mercedes and Alpina did with BMW's. That's until BMW decided to make their own performance M-series and Mercedes took the easier way out by buying AMG out. And even today, MTM and ABT are still doing the same for VW/Audi over in Europe.

Yes, but AMG is an entirely different manufacturing plant. Are you saying that's how AMG Started? If so I never knew that. I thought Mercedes simply decide to use specialty engineers for high perf merc vehices and created its own plant for the AMG's only.

I know that when the Corvette C6's came out in 2005Lingenfelter had 25 C6's Shipped directly from the BG Plant in Kentucky to their performance plant in Indiana for a Special C6 Twin Turbo version and they also put a unique body kit on it.

Lingenfelter's niche has always been vettes but added vipers to that niche. They do other cars nowadays but the vette is still their niche

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 04-01-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: AUDI Dealers Selling "Performance"