S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi Downtown Toronto Bull****

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Downtown Toronto Bull****

Posted this in Audizine so I am bringing it here also.

So I had decided to get ClearBra on my car.. And Decided to do it through my local Stealership (I know big mistake) what was priced and AGREED on at 800$ (50 cheaper than another place I had in mind) I decided to pull the trigger.

Now they were suppose to do the entire front bumper/hood area, the back bumper, door handles, wheel archs, side skirts, rear mirrors. I also had gotten a huge scratch on one of the rear rims thanks to a friend of mine. So I had decided to get everything done in one day. I drop off the car get shuttled back (when the loaner car I had booked had magically not been available anymore) and waited all day for the phone call to come pick up my car.

I come back to the dealership (without a phone call) at around 4pm seeing how I had not heard anything about the car (got a friend to pick me up and take me). I get to the dealership and they tell me everything is done and hand me the bill.

1400$ FOR A CLEARBRA THAT IS INCOMPLETE AND THAT PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY OF THE REFINISH ON THE RIMS. They had said that the car needed to stay another day at the dealer to get the rims done seeing how they could not complete everything in time today.

Now I take a look at the work currently done.

Front Car Area-Check
Back Bumper Area-Check
Door Handles-Check
Wheel Archs- Incomplete
Side Skirts-Incomplete
Rear Mirrows-Incomplete

I stare at the service associate and tell him what the hell is going on? 1400$ for a ClearBra when I was already told it would cost no more than 800 with taxes. I honestly was ready to lose myself in front of about 5 customers who were also looking at a S4/S5 and my friend wishfully dreaming about the V10 R8 inside there. I was just about to really give them a piece of my mind for the bull**** of a service I had received and the robbery that took place..

Now honestly I am not one to name anyones name. But I really do not have to. This by far is the ****tiest dealership to ever do business with. When I had previously bought my old A3 at Agincourt Audi I was given some of the best service ever from a dealership. They had taken care of so many issues with the car that normally would not be covered by warranty free of charge and really were respectful and attentive to my needs. The reason why I had gotten the S4 at Downtown was just due to the fact that I had walked in and they had my exact car waiting for me on lot and I took it.

They had promised me that they would clean the interior of the car-Incomplete
I understand that the exterior cannot be cleaned due to the fact that you need to wait after getting the ClearBra on. But really man? 1400$ spent today to get half a job complete, no service, no loaner car that I had originally booked, no phone calls about an substantial increase in price, no nothing. NOTHING on their half except for robbing my pockets.

My friend who currently just bought a 2010 M3 stares at me and gives me that typical "See if you just bought the M3 like I told you too, you wouldnt be in the mess" bull**** that all BMW crack heads put out. Honestly it can happen at any dealership but really man its just ****ing ridiculous.

Not to mention after we had bought the car, we get a phone call from our sales associate saying that they had sold us the car for cheaper than what they wanted and that they wanted to add another 1500$ onto our financing.. Like seriously really?

So for any of you in the Toronto area, just avoid this dealership at all cost. As we speak Me and My family are current going off at the service manager, and dealer manager on the phone right now. Its just unbelievable what these pieces of **** have done today.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Damn, I'm sorry man. I hope this works itself out. I pray that my dealership doesn't pull shady work/dealings on me like this.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Proogz...

Sorry man. I wouldn't pay them. Call the credit card company and tell them you are disputing the transaction. Tell the dealership you are disputing the transaction with the credit card company.

In the US, we, or I typically will get the cost of the service in writing and if it is varies from that they better have a good reason. If not...then I'm paying what they told me it was going to cost when I dropped the car off.

I'd tell them to either do the job as promised for the exact price. You want 1 or 2 free oil changes (if no Audicare) and if they won't...then tell them you don't want the clearbra and they are to remove it.

I'd write a letter to your version of the Better Biz B.

AND I would get the sales side of the dealership involved it will help.

You guys can obviously afford to buy a few cars and make sure the sales side knowns that unless this gets resolved, you will NOT be making another purchase at this dealership.

Call Audi of Canada, etc.

I'm sure you are thinking of most of this already...

Anyway...

Please keep up posted on what happens and good luck.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 273 Likes on 200 Posts

Sorry to hear that.

That sounds really bad. I have had similar issues with some shops & contractors (not dealers).

Hopefully you got the $800 estimate in writing with the details of what they were promising? That will help you get some long term resolution.

I was thinking about your situation. The best thing to do is go cool off, relax, take a deep breath. Come back another day to work on getting it resolved. Persistence and a cool demeanor will usually help to get the best result for you. It definitely takes a lot patience when things of this happen.

Last edited by m444; 04-15-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by m444
Sorry to hear that.

That sounds really bad. I have had similar issues with some shops & contractors (not dealers).

Hopefully you got the $800 estimate in writing with the details of what they were promising? That will help you get some long term resolution.

I was thinking about your situation. The best thing to do is go cool off, relax, take a deep breath. Come back another day to work on getting it resolved. Persistence and a cool demeanor will usually help to get the best result for you. It definitely takes a lot patience when things of this happen.

Yea pretty much, just been chilling since it happened. The manager is coming down to the house tomorrow to check out the car so he can see that the car is incomplete and all that. Def will be resolving it the way I want it to be resolved.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Add to that, if you had asked, I would have given you the guy that does Clearbra....sorry to hear that you had this bad experience.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What was their explanation to you? When you confronted them, what was their reasoning? I sounds like you only told half the story...
Old 04-16-2010, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Proogz
Not to mention after we had bought the car, we get a phone call from our sales associate saying that they had sold us the car for cheaper than what they wanted and that they wanted to add another 1500$ onto our financing.. Like seriously really?

What?? Is that even possible? Your lease/financing contracts are signed legal contracts ... they can't change the price after everything is signed!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aj25
What?? Is that even possible? Your lease/financing contracts are signed legal contracts ... they can't change the price after everything is signed!
Yea they obviously were not able to change the price, but the fact that they even called to try to do that is just retarded...
Old 04-16-2010, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SFV A4
What was their explanation to you? When you confronted them, what was their reasoning? I sounds like you only told half the story...

Their explanation to me was that it was all done.. They said besides not refinishing up on the rim that got scratched that everything was completed... However when I had dropped off the car he had circled ALL the AREAS that were getting the ClearBra, and the Side Skirts, Rear Mirrors, and Archs did not get it at the end.

There is no other half to the story, they over charged us without calling us about it period. I should have gotten them to put everything in writing at the start, but I did not, however it still does not mean that because I did not do that, that they deserve to add in a **** load more to my bill with **** incomplete..

Quick Reply: Audi Downtown Toronto Bull****