S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi Downtown Toronto Bull****

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Proogz
Yea they obviously were not able to change the price, but the fact that they even called to try to do that is just retarded...
Agreed. Believe me I shopped around in the last 2 months looking for the right dealer and price, there are terrible ones out there. I had one "supervisor" have a temper tantrum (literally) when I showed them the selling prices other dealers were entertaining.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Proogz...

Sorry man. I wouldn't pay them. Call the credit card company and tell them you are disputing the transaction. Tell the dealership you are disputing the transaction with the credit card company.
This was great advice and thank you, I am currently waiting for the service manager to make his way over to check out the car, and will be telling him that I contacted my credit card company and have told them that this transaction is currently being disputed.

Update: Received a phone call from the service manager and will be meeting him within the next hour. He then started telling me that the 800$ was a base price for the ClearBra and that the "custom fitted" door handle wrap and wheel archs were not part of the package and that is why it went from 800$ to 1400$?

Also the fact that it was suppose to be 800 after taxes, so how is it considered a base price to begin with, with taxes and everything already included? I'm so confused here guys sigh....

Non of this makes sense... Seeing how the tiny piece of wrap on the all four door handles and the incomplete work on the archs should not cost an extra 600$ and the fact that the rear mirrors, and side skirts which were included in this so called "Base Price" were not done, just does not add up to me.

Other then that theres no real point of going back and forth over the phone, we are going to be meeting soon to discuss what has happened and it will be resolved, I will notify you guys back with what became of the issue, and will post some pictures of the car so you can see for yourself the work which was done.

Thank you all for your suggestions, and support I really appreciate it guys!!!! Last time I do stuff like this at a stealership!!!!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

In addition to the great credit card dispute suggestion, you should also make it clear that you don't intend to service your car there any longer. It sounds like you had good experiences with another dealership in your area and you can service your car wherever you like. Make it clear to them that it isn't just this transaction or the potential for a future new car they'd be losing, but also the very real and frequent service revenue (which has high margins).

Hope it all works out and that you make some time for a nice long drive this weekend to put a smile back on your face.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update:

Alright, so I had met with the service manager and had a relative with me just to make sure everything was settled in ease.

Basically he had told me that he would refinish the rims, and complete the ClearBra work without any addition charges, and would lower the price from $1400 to $1100 with taxes included and all that.

Honestly I just want this all behind me so I can just get it done with, and I told him it would be fine. We also told him how we really felt about everything, and that we were really disappointed with what has happened. He assured us that he would make sure everything is completed and that the price will be reduced (with the agreement sent by email so it cant be voided) .

At the end of this, what more can I really do? He resolved it to the best that he could do, and you know what at least something was really done to make sure that I would be pleased somewhat. More than what I really expected to pay but thats how **** is I guess...

So yea.. Gonna take the car to the dealership sometime soon to get everything completed and a portion of the money refunded.. so yea...

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, and support!!!

-Proogz
Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aj25
What?? Is that even possible? Your lease/financing contracts are signed legal contracts ... they can't change the price after everything is signed!
Seems like the dealership tried going backdoor on the original deal since they think they sold the car for too low, so are now overcharging on this clearbra job.

Originally Posted by Proogz
Update:

Alright, so I had met with the service manager and had a relative with me just to make sure everything was settled in ease.

Basically he had told me that he would refinish the rims, and complete the ClearBra work without any addition charges, and would lower the price from $1400 to $1100 with taxes included and all that.

Honestly I just want this all behind me so I can just get it done with, and I told him it would be fine. We also told him how we really felt about everything, and that we were really disappointed with what has happened. He assured us that he would make sure everything is completed and that the price will be reduced (with the agreement sent by email so it cant be voided) .

At the end of this, what more can I really do? He resolved it to the best that he could do, and you know what at least something was really done to make sure that I would be pleased somewhat. More than what I really expected to pay but thats how **** is I guess...

So yea.. Gonna take the car to the dealership sometime soon to get everything completed and a portion of the money refunded.. so yea...

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, and support!!!

-Proogz
I assumed you signed for the $1,400 and now are settling for $1,100? That's too bad. I wouldn't have signed anything unless it was for exactly what I wanted and at that agreed price.

In this day and age of the internet, I'm really surprised that dealerships are acting like jerks. I definitely won't be shopping at Audi Downtown Toronto now.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yea Tranq I assumed they were trying to make back the money from selling the car for cheap through the ClearBra...

But what can you do... I dont want them to remove it and screw with the car, so we might as well do something...