S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi Maintenance Costs are out of line

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Try the Porsche dealership.

I went with Audicare... just didn't have the time to deal with little things.
Probably will do the same
Old 01-05-2012, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just paid about $360 for the 15K service. The parts cost $80 from Audi. Expensive? Yes. There are benefits though. They took care of a thermostat recall while at it. They checked the aiming of the headlights as I've gotten high beamed a few times (even after turning the LEDs back down when using headlights at night). They also gave me a loaner for the day so I didn't have to burn vacation time and sit around the lounge or get someone to follow me twice to drop the car off (45 min away). Now the service is on file with Audi which could help later if there's an issue (proof of required maintenance done, existing customer, etc). I didn't even by the car from the dealership and this was my first visit. VW didn't give loaners even after buying a pair of cars from them and having them do everything except for mounting some tires. I personally choose to get service at the dealer. I don't have the time or the tools to take care of my own service. Kudos to those who do. There are local garages in between dealer prices and DIY. Each driver has options.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Audi Care is a "No Brainer" in my opinion. I have the DSG so it basically pays for itself right there $450 Service alone! $850 for Audi Care is peanuts in realtion to the cost of the car and covers it to 45K miles. You have another chance to purchase the next level of Audi Care "Plus" at 40K miles for $1,150 S4. This will cover 55K, 65K and 75K Service. Plus you will have record at the dealer and will increase you chances of resale to a private party. As the saying goes..... you have to Pay To Play! If not you should of bought a Hyundai!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm over 5k miles. 7k as of now is it too late to buy audi care?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

With every one of my new cars, the day I took it home was the last time it saw the dealership.

With my new Audi, after reading the boards and ordering the DSG, I signed up for AudiCare. (Of course I negotiated a bit off the price too!)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2011SVT
With every one of my new cars, the day I took it home was the last time it saw the dealership.

With my new Audi, after reading the boards and ordering the DSG, I signed up for AudiCare. (Of course I negotiated a bit off the price too!)
I do most of my own maintenance at home for 3 reasons.

1. I save time. I can do an oil change faster than me driving 20 minutes to the dealership and waiting for car or getting a loaner and then having to go back to pick up my car when it's done.

2. Less money. I can use a better oil (I have proof) and save money at the same time.

3. I know the job was done correctly. I've had dealerships cross thread filters and drain plugs, not tighten drain plugs enough leading to leaks, etc.

THe small investment into tools to do your own oil changes gets paid back quickly by the DIY oil change and other simple maintenance...pollen filters, snow filters, air filters, rotate tires, etc.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't know why, but I'm always concerned during the warranty period with going with anyone other than the dealer. Have heard some horror stories (probably urban myths?) about people who claim they had issues, tried to get them resolved under warranty, then spent months fighting with the manufacturer who claimed they did not follow all the "specific" warranty requirements even though they provided bills for oil changes, etc.

I guess I bought AudiCare for peace of mind in that regard, and I just don't have the time to deal with the headaches.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by B8 S FOR
Audi Care is a "No Brainer" in my opinion. I have the DSG so it basically pays for itself right there $450 Service alone! $850 for Audi Care is peanuts in realtion to the cost of the car and covers it to 45K miles. You have another chance to purchase the next level of Audi Care "Plus" at 40K miles for $1,150 S4. This will cover 55K, 65K and 75K Service. Plus you will have record at the dealer and will increase you chances of resale to a private party. As the saying goes..... you have to Pay To Play! If not you should of bought a Hyundai!
Can you explain? I have a 2011, with the DSG, and there is no DSG service or spark plug change during the first 45,000 miles: Below is list of things they take care of:

15k= oil and dust/pollen filter change, $405
25k= oil change, $215
35k= oil and dust/pollen filter change, $405
45k= oil change, $215

Last edited by Christo123; 01-06-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mr_coo168
I'm over 5k miles. 7k as of now is it too late to buy audi care?
Unless Audi have made a change since I bought Audicare for my 2010, you can purchase it anytime prior to your 15k service.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by no cell
Unless Audi have made a change since I bought Audicare for my 2010, you can purchase it anytime prior to your 15k service.
Correct.

Quick Reply: Audi Maintenance Costs are out of line