S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 03:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Pricing

Can anyone tell me if Audi has a hold back like most Manufacturers? What I'm talking about is a percentage of the invoice which is paid to the dealer when the car is sold. What should I expect to pay in relation to invoice? Is there an add on to the printed invoice shown on KBB or NADA ex. advertising. I retired from a GM dealer and can buy most domestics for Invoice. I really would like an Avant though. I couldn't find the answer anywhere else. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Supply and demand. No supply, high demand, therefore, you will get little if any discount. The S5 has the highest retained value in its class.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by seinsmeld13
Supply and demand. No supply, high demand, therefore, you will get little if any discount. The S5 has the highest retained value in its class.
Absolutely *not* a true blanket statement. The real driver behind discounts on the S4 is based on your location and relative supply in your area. In general yes, this is a hard vehicle to locate, but that simply isn't true in all parts of the country. Check the forums, there are plenty of guys who bought their S4s for anywhere between $500 - $1,000 over invoice.

As for holdback, etc., don't expect your Audi dealership to negotiate into that territory at all. Unless you're talking about a run of the mill A4 that they may be willing to let go at invoice, you're going to have to pony up the bucks if you want to play. As seinsmeld13 said - Audis are in relatively tight supply in North America, especially models like the S4, Q5, Q7 TDI, A3 TDI. Expect to pay accordingly.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Audi has no holdback

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/incent...ack/index.html
Old 11-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys, your replies help.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrundke
Absolutely *not* a true blanket statement. The real driver behind discounts on the S4 is based on your location and relative supply in your area. In general yes, this is a hard vehicle to locate, but that simply isn't true in all parts of the country. Check the forums, there are plenty of guys who bought their S4s for anywhere between $500 - $1,000 over invoice.

I agree 100%. I live in south florida and have owned over 30 cars and most of the time, I have flown out of town to another state because a dealership elsewhere geographically was offering close to invoice price. AUDI is no exception. In fact, fact, I am fortunte to be getting a 2011 S4 at close to invoice, although, there is a separate reason to why I am getting this. One other note, on A4/S4, there seems to be very little profit margin. I think its only 6%. There are some incentives but its more to do with customer loyalty and Financing. No holdbacks that I am aware of as others have said
Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

$800 over invoice ($2,450 under MSRP): S4 P+ auto, with leather, sport diff. and Nav. USAA car buying service.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No cars in Canada are sold above invoice. Not to say that a rare car used with low miles could fetch more than a brand new car. As an example a friend bought a Nissan GTR and paid full list per ordered months in advance. Drove it for a month and made $25,000 above invoice as there were none available.

I paid $6,000 under for mine however it had 6,000 km and was an Audi Canada vehicle. A new one in our area you could get $1,000 under list. There are three Audi dealers within 30 minutes of each. Location will dictate any discounts. I doubt the Audi dealership in Calgary would give any discount.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the negotiating strength and savvy of both buyer and seller, the relationship between buyer and seller (1st time buyer vs. repeat/multiple car buyer at dealer), along with the vehicle being traded in (if any) are key also.

all deals are not created equal.....
Old 11-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
the negotiating strength and savvy of both buyer and seller, the relationship between buyer and seller (1st time buyer vs. repeat/multiple car buyer at dealer), along with the vehicle being traded in (if any) are key also.

all deals are not created equal.....
In my case, there will be no trade. After 20 years in the car business I have no desire to negotiate. I now have a pretty good idea where I stand. Thanks

Quick Reply: Audi Pricing