S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

AudiCare quotes

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AudiCare quotes

Wanted to see what others out there are paying for the AudiCare package. One of the sales ladies at the dealership (Salt Lake City) told me that Audi charges the dealers $660, MSRP is $740. She then went on the report Audi is increasing the cost to 710 and 790 respectivly. I swear that others had got this for $650 previously. Am I crazy?? Going to be 3-5 more LONG weeks till my girl gets delivered.....
Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Have the dealer through in the Audi Care for free.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vwong
Have the dealer through in the Audi Care for free.
Yes, try to have them throw it in for free or at least meet ya half way. Can't hurt to ask.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
Yes, try to have them throw it in for free or at least meet ya half way. Can't hurt to ask.
Doesn't hurt to ask for it, but if you've already gotten a great price on the car and/or a decent trade in, they may be less willing to deal. If you paid at or close to MSRP, then there's probably a better chance of getting this thrown in.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mellow_sparky
Doesn't hurt to ask for it, but if you've already gotten a great price on the car and/or a decent trade in, they may be less willing to deal. If you paid at or close to MSRP, then there's probably a better chance of getting this thrown in.
Agreed. Will definately try to get it thrown in at no cost but assuming that is a no go I want to find what others have actually paid for on it. Any quotes?
BTW-for those that have special ordered their cars, is it typical or at least not unexpected to wait >90 days for the delivery of the car. ITS KILLING ME SLOWLY....
Old 02-27-2010, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Garett31
Agreed. Will definately try to get it thrown in at no cost but assuming that is a no go I want to find what others have actually paid for on it. Any quotes?
BTW-for those that have special ordered their cars, is it typical or at least not unexpected to wait >90 days for the delivery of the car. ITS KILLING ME SLOWLY....
I got a good deal on the car, so I paid full price for AudiCare - they weren't willing to "throw it in", so I didn't bother to haggle over a few hundred bucks. I wasn't going to walk if we couldn't agree on a price for AudiCare
Old 02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah I paid full price for audicare but I got 500 under invoice. I wish I paid for audicare in full rather than putting it into my monthly payments because of interests, but then I thought about it. I'm going to pay off the car early anyways, so I think its ok now.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

AudiCare currently MSRP's for $740. the price is going up as of March 1st to $790. dealer cost will rise by the same amount. At my store we don't "throw in" Audicare or discount it. we believe this sets a bad precedent for service by making everything "seem" free (it's not). we will however lower the sales price, to compensate, if that is the deal agreed, however we make it clear that the customer is still paying for it.

Personally, If a customer is trying to negotiate out the $50 profit that Audicare gives (that I don't get paid on) It is kind of an insult. It's a "I don't think you should make a profit" kind of attitude. I mean, if a business can't make $50 on something that will save the client hundreds, there are bigger issues. I paid list for Audicare, and don't mind. I gave myself a good deal on the car. I think I may have increased my lease payment a buck or so, but what does that matter in the long run? I don't even remember the selling price of my car 2 years ago. I do remember how excited I was to take it home that first night though. I will never forget that. I wouldn't want that memory tarnished by arguing over $50, it would ruin it. A business has to make a profit to stay in business, and if you want good customer service after the sale (I would expect it, these are 40K+ cars after all) then there needs to be a profit for the staff to be paid from. Good people do not come cheap. Neither does good service.

at the end of the day, if you see the value of Audicare, buy it. if not, pay as you go, no biggie. asking the dealer to give up what little profit may be left in the deal by asking them to throw it in can twist the knife so to speak.

just my .02 <end rant=""> (end rant)
</end>

Last edited by roccoman82; 02-27-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Garett31
Wanted to see what others out there are paying for the AudiCare package. One of the sales ladies at the dealership (Salt Lake City) told me that Audi charges the dealers $660, MSRP is $740. She then went on the report Audi is increasing the cost to 710 and 790 respectivly. I swear that others had got this for $650 previously. Am I crazy?? Going to be 3-5 more LONG weeks till my girl gets delivered.....
I paid $740 for AudiCare and $2000 off MSRP (without even beginning to haggle over the price). I felt my "deal" was better than what I expected, so I went with it.

I guess what "deal" means to one person is different to another person though. Spend what you think you can afford and what you think is reasonable for the price.

That's what I did.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AudiCare quotes?

I think I've said, "Boy, that AudiCare sure is worth it!" - a couple times. Oh, you mean the *other* kind of AudiCare quote!! (grins) More seriously, AudiCare and the owner loyalty rebate for leases are both about the same ($750). So I viewed it as an even swap.

Did I pay full price for AudiCare? It depends on how you figure it, I guess. But, I'm not entirely sure why folks are worried about saving $100 to $200 on AudiCare when the car, itself, costs $50,000 plus/minus thousands of dollars! So when I was negotiating the total cost, I was more concerned about saving money on the car than the saving money on AudiCare. Yeah, I may have paid full cost on AudiCare, but I got close to $4K off my car's MSRP; $200-$300 under invoice actually...(grins)

Last edited by drrick89; 02-28-2010 at 08:03 PM.