S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

audio differences

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 275 Likes on 201 Posts

I replaced the stock subwoofer with a 10" Kicker Comp 8 ohm, stock Amp & it has plenty of bass. The Album "The Yellow Shark" by Frank Zappa has some pretty amazing bass that comes through, especially on the cut
"Be-Bop Tango". One can definitely feel the bass on from the S4 B&O system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKm4uzFEGI

And of course there is "Dog Breath Variations/Uncle Meat"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr3y2MUdq7U&NR=1
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Thanks for the track, I'll load it up today and see what I think - granted I have an aftermarket Alpine R-Type 12" and a 550w monoblock amp on it.
You may want to be careful then. My car already shakes with the stock equipment :P Let me know how it sounds. Did you do a thread on your setup? I am trying to decide between just an 8 ohm sub so I don't need a new amp or if I want something with a little more power and I would like to see/hear your thought about your setup.

I would like to keep the sub in back deck but I don't know if I will be happy with just a new 8 ohm sub but I am also skeptical about doing what Skiracerblah did (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2801671) because of the amount of flex the rear deck is experiencing. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Brandonb
That's a great idea. What app do you use for syncing?
I use wifi-sync (http://www.getwifisync.com/) It's $10 but the best one I could find. I did try a couple free ones before that but I was losing connection and had to go fiddle around with the iPhone in the car which defeats the purpose for me. I am very happy with my current setup.

Originally Posted by helix139
Only thing about this is if you are using an iPod with B&O and Nav, the signal from the iPod is analog and has to be converted to digital before being sent to the amp where it is converted back to analog.
I know but the convenience factor of wireless syncing is more important to me. I DJ shows every once in a while so I update my car library a few times a week so I can sample new music while I am driving. I know its not the best quality way but I am happy
Old 04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could do a quick write up on mine, I have a gain control on the amp so no worries
Old 04-04-2011, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by k1speederS4
You may want to be careful then. My car already shakes with the stock equipment :P Let me know how it sounds. Did you do a thread on your setup? I am trying to decide between just an 8 ohm sub so I don't need a new amp or if I want something with a little more power and I would like to see/hear your thought about your setup.
Listened to it this morning on the commute, sounds good, but didn't drive my sub any harder than some other things I listen to - I have a wide range of musical tastes, one with very good low range that give my sub a good workout would be Chris Brown "Dueces" - perhaps I'll get some video of the throw I get on mine, as we all know there is no substitute for being there in person, as well as a quick writeup on the configuration and install.