S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

B8 S4 to RS4

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rktskicar
part of the key for this for a B8 S4 is that you need an aftermarket exhaust to increase your B8 S4 driving pleasure. The stock B8 S4 is exhaust is underwelming sound wise (i.e pathetic). As they are very close performance wise, this will help a fair amount. My B8 S4 sounds much better after I upgraded exhaust.

I had a stage 3 V6 twin turbo B5 S4 and it sounds phenomanal with an exhaust as it has a lot of power. It is still not a V8 sound though.

Bruce
This. My S4 is a different beast now with addition of the Milltek Non-Res exhaust. The sound was awesome from the initial install and has only gotten better now that I've put a few hundred miles on it. And I love that it attracts a lot more attention - well, I guess that could also be a downside . . .
Old 12-22-2010, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

S4 is my daily. Added a vantage as my weekend toy recently. Maybe it's just the new car concept screwing with my head. The rs4 downsides are significant. Just doesn't make sense to pay more for an . Now thinking M3 maybe, but will prolly just keep the S4.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
S4 is my daily. Added a vantage as my weekend toy recently. Maybe it's just the new car concept screwing with my head. The rs4 downsides are significant. Just doesn't make sense to pay more for an . Now thinking M3 maybe, but will prolly just keep the S4.
If you like the feel of S2000s you would probably like the M3, these cars are kinda drive them like you stole them and then they are really fun. I love the M3 but it's kinda a drag to drive under normal conditions it's kinda sluggish in the lower rpm range and gets good 4k+. I prefer my brother's 335iS over the M3 as it's just a better DD. But then again I prefer my S4 over the 335iS, minus the exhaust and steering wheel =). I still can't get over how amazing the 335iS exhaust is, it sounds like a Ferrari.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I noticed a number of Seattle guys on this forum. Do you guys get together often? Would love to hear your car rktskicar. Curious how much your setup would put me back. Also, any of guys work in the skyline tower in Bellevue? I see three s4s in that lot. One black one with upgraded rims. I also work out of the 112th and 12th building and see a nice blue one in visitor parking all the time! Funny how I see so many in my work parking lots yet hardly any on the road!!

The 335is suggestion is interesting as well, but feel like I'd always be yearning for the M3.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ssaa77-

There are a fair number of us B8 S4 guys here in the Seattle area. I have got together with a few (4-5) people here that have B8 S4s. NWS4Guy has got together with many more. I listened to DrVolkl's Milltek non-res with DPs in person before I bought one.

the Milltek non-res with DP's and install is roughly $1900 when I got mine.

I work south of Seattle, not me in Bellevue.

Bruce
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by clochner
This. My S4 is a different beast now with addition of the Milltek Non-Res exhaust. The sound was awesome from the initial install and has only gotten better now that I've put a few hundred miles on it. And I love that it attracts a lot more attention - well, I guess that could also be a downside . . .

clochner-

glad you like your Milltek!

Bruce
Old 12-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Love my Milltek Non Res... Night and day difference in sound and overall swagger. Check vid below. Really feels and sounds even better with the tune I just got a couple weeks ago. Will have the AWE intake on next week and will post vids for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7C9z2PiFag
Old 12-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I work in the skyline tower and my s4 is black. I have my winter rims on now so that could be my car you are talking about. One of my coworkers drives a meteor gray s4. Another one of my coworkers has a nice rs6. The building is full of cool audis.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rktskicar
clochner-

glad you like your Milltek!

Bruce
Thanks, Bruce. It's funny how when I originally ordered the car and started reading these forums I thought everyone was crazy for modding their brand new S4s. I think I even started a thread ranting about everyone was looking to change so many things about the car.

Now here I am buying HPW tires and spending $2k for a new exhaust, and planning on getting the ECU upgrade by the spring (and perhaps even that awesome new AWE intake). You guys all got me hooked!

Last edited by clochner; 12-24-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I am not a very good influence. I spent well over 27K on mods on my last stage 3 B5 S4. That thing was faster than hell though, lol!

I am trying to keep this one below 10K in mods.

Bruce

Quick Reply: B8 S4 to RS4