S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Back from Detailer - Estoril Blue Crystal Eff.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Acquiesce
Hard to believe those are the same colors.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/s...99&postcount=5
This is the color from the german site, its much darker ... i think you got the SprintBlauw Perleffect ... or maybe the belgian colors are different but i doubt that

Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always thought the Estoril color was a lot darker then this.
It totally depends on the lighting. In dim light it looks almost black. Under direct sun it looks very blue. Medium light reveals a hint of purple.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Toecutter
It totally depends on the lighting. In dim light it looks almost black. Under direct sun it looks very blue. Medium light reveals a hint of purple.
Thank you for your reply, but are you sure both colors are the same? both have the name Estoril blue but they totally look different ... I dont think this has anything to do with sunlight.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you for your reply, but are you sure both colors are the same? both have the name Estoril blue but they totally look different ... I dont think this has anything to do with sunlight.

If both cars are Estoril blue then they are the same color. My car, which is also Estoril blue, can look like either of the cars in the photos above depending on the light. In the first photo it appears to be an overcast day. In the second photo there appears to be UV lighting in the garage.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It really is a gorgeous color. Any plans for upgrades?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

If both cars are Estoril blue then they are the same color. My car, which is also Estoril blue, can look like either of the cars in the photos above depending on the light. In the first photo it appears to be an overcast day. In the second photo there appears to be UV lighting in the garage.
I believe you . but it might be that US/UK or Europe have a different version of this color.
can you assure me your can can look like the next picture when its cloudy? it just looks much darker. do you have any pictures of your car in daylight?

Thank You

Name:  BlueEstorilcrystaleffect02.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  32.6 KB
Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice, much better than black.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I believe you . but it might be that US/UK or Europe have a different version of this color.
can you assure me your can can look like the next picture when its cloudy? it just looks much darker. do you have any pictures of your car in daylight?

Thank You
Dude, my car looks better than that S7 when it's cloudy! LOL.

I don't know what I would have to tell you to make you believe me, and even with photos the color will be different depending on the lighting, the camera, and the skill of the photographer. You may just to have to see one in person to remove all doubt.

This is my actual car (photo taken by someone else) on day of delivery:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...41756967_n.jpg
Old 05-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dude, my car looks better than that S7 when it's cloudy! LOL.

I don't know what I would have to tell you to make you believe me, and even with photos the color will be different depending on the lighting, the camera, and the skill of the photographer. You may just to have to see one in person to remove all doubt.

This is my actual car (photo taken by someone else) on day of delivery:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...41756967_n.jpg
Just wanted to pipe up and say that the variation in colour is accurate depending on light levels. This is attributed to xirallic pigment in this colour I am told. It took awhile to grow on me but now I love it.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is a fantastic color but must be really hard to keep is streak free and clean that's why I chose ice silver metallic...probably one of the most thankful colors. :-)

Quick Reply: Back from Detailer - Estoril Blue Crystal Eff.