S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Black Grill

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in a front plate required state too (just north of you) but in my area it's not enforced as you can see from my avatar shot
Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I'm in a front plate required state too (just north of you) but in my area it's not enforced as you can see from my avatar shot
I've had an issue with a local State Patrolman about a "vanity plate" (European plate with my real Oregon plate number) that cost me a couple of hundred dollars - so I play by those rules now.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by srs
I've had an issue with a local State Patrolman about a "vanity plate" (European plate with my real Oregon plate number) that cost me a couple of hundred dollars - so I play by those rules now.
i'm also a front plate state but like my bmw, i use suction cups to put on the plate whenever i'm parked in a hazard zone. does anyone have any non black/meteor car with the grill painted? i have an idea what it looks like but would love to see a white, red, blue, etc. vehicle would that strip painted. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by srs
I'm in a front plate required state, too, but I've been strongly considering changing my order to the non-plate grill filler. I figure I'll give it a go for a while and if I get a couple of tickets I'll switch. I'm in the city so in theory the cops have better things to worry about and it'll be garage parked so no worries there.

How hard was it to switch the non-plate filler to the plate one? Was there a cost or did your dealer just swap them?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MattPec
I'm in a front plate required state, too, but I've been strongly considering changing my order to the non-plate grill filler. I figure I'll give it a go for a while and if I get a couple of tickets I'll switch. I'm in the city so in theory the cops have better things to worry about and it'll be garage parked so no worries there.

How hard was it to switch the non-plate filler to the plate one? Was there a cost or did your dealer just swap them?
The dealer installed the plate filler automatically - since it's required in this state. I would have had to ask to get the non-plate filler.

Steve
Old 03-27-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TunasS4
i'm also a front plate state but like my bmw, i use suction cups to put on the plate whenever i'm parked in a hazard zone. does anyone have any non black/meteor car with the grill painted? i have an idea what it looks like but would love to see a white, red, blue, etc. vehicle would that strip painted. Thanks!
There's several S5's with either with black optic or painted grill from members here. I believe White S5 with black optic, Blue S5 with black optic, and Suzuka Gray S5 with gloss painted grill.. I'll try to find the pictures..
Old 03-27-2010, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Zee007's sprint blue S5 with black optic:

Meteor Ghost(Todd)'s ibis white S5 with black optic:

Metalevon's suzuka gray S5 with blacked out OEM grill:
Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love the painted/black optic grills, looks incredibly more sporty! Would like to be able to purchase one of these for an S4. Maybe something like this will be available as a performance market upgrade.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With my Meteor Gray, I don't think the black optic look does that much for the car. But, with Sprint blue it sure look sharp! I also like black optic with Susuka gray, esp. with those cool wheels! I don't know if it works as well with the Ibis white. I'd have to see more pictures. Maybe it would grow on me with a profile shot...(grins)
Old 03-28-2010, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rfogleman
I love the painted/black optic grills, looks incredibly more sporty! Would like to be able to purchase one of these for an S4. Maybe something like this will be available as a performance market upgrade.
The S4 black optic grille is available. Your dealership should be able to look it up in ETKA and order it for you. Alternatively, AE Performance offers a black optic grille or will make your existing grille black optic.

Quick Reply: Black Grill