S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Black-Red Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black-Red Interior?

I am considering an order for a Daytona Gray S4 for Euro Delivery. Selected Black-Red interior sight unseen. Dealer has sold no black-red interior cars. I live in So. CA and have seen none around. Anyone have any photos or experiences with black-red interior Audis?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-19-2010, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Several owned by the guys on here, try the search function, or they might come by and post their pics - photos do not do it justice though, the red always comes out looking WAY too red, it's a very nice color combo and I think will look fantastic on a Daytona - haven't seen that exact color combo with the magma seats yet.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

The red/black interior would look amazing with Daytona Gray. The red always looks much brighter in photos (including any I've taken) than in does in person. It looks very close to the one on the Audi site as shown below. Please post some pics if you go that route.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

An interior photo of mine for comparison. As mentioned the red is darker (nicer) in person.
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it!!! I wasn't too sure if I wanted it until I saw it at dealership and loved it! No picture will do it justice (agree with comments above). The Red is perfect -- its not too bright. Just do it!!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMHO, any gray, silver,white or black car benefits from the red/black interior. Just adds some PIZZAZ to otherwise dull colored cars. However, Black looks great on almost all cars. At least for the 15 mins immediately after you wash it. Red exterior with Red/black interior does work as well, but it could be a LITTLE too much for some. That is coming from a red car lover!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spacey
I am considering an order for a Daytona Gray S4 for Euro Delivery. Selected Black-Red interior sight unseen. Dealer has sold no black-red interior cars. I live in So. CA and have seen none around. Anyone have any photos or experiences with black-red interior Audis?

Thanks in advance
The red looks much better in person than in any photo. I've got a brilliant red exterior with the magma/black interior. It's a much richer and deeper color than a photo will do justice. I recently purchased a Canon T1i and once our crazy Northern California storms pass through, I'm going to give my car a nice, detailed bath so I can try to take some decent photos.

But trust me, as an owner of the interior you ordered, I can confidently agree with everyone else who has said that the red is better in person. My first thought when seeing it was, "WOW!" and I even had a goofy grin on my face.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Thanks for the pics and input

Much appreciated
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spacey

Thanks in advance
As thread members seem to have largely agreed, I think it's sharp, classy and in no way gaudy or overdone. Seems a relatively ok color to maintain also. A lovely accent to car image ...I have w/Ebis White body color, have seen w/Black, which is neat and few other body colors although w/Blue body I (personally) think maybe different combo than RED/black is better for that particluar body color BUT everyone to his/her own. Repeating what many say, senders camera specs/settings and or end users PC screen don't do justice to showing most real image. Nonetheless add a couple of my own FWIW.
Attached Images   
Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Red is the best interior. Staying with the theme with red stitchings and red dash lights.

I have seen Magma going against Blacka or White extorier, both looks hot.

Quick Reply: Black-Red Interior?