S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Blacked Out trim around windows B8 S4

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blacked Out trim around windows B8 S4

I got my B8 S4 in Mid-November. So far I have tinted the windows and installed H&R coilovers. The only thing I was not crazy about was the chrome trim around the windows. I was looking at swapping the trim with B8 A4 trim, but it was just too much of a pain to install. I also thought about painting it, but I would have had to take it all off for the job to be done right. I also own an M5, and saw on BMW forums that people had wrapped their trim in vinyl. So I had my window tint guy wrap it in matte black vinyl. It came out perfect at only a fraction of the cost of buying B8 A4 trim. IMO the car looks much better with the black trim. I attached some pics. Sorry the car is a little dirty its been about 5 degrees here.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've never been a fan of the blackout thing except on some coupes, M3's etc.. but with an overall aggressive look. With the chrome mirrors I think the window chrome flows well.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sobz
I got my B8 S4 in Mid-November. So far I have tinted the windows and installed H&R coilovers. The only thing I was not crazy about was the chrome trim around the windows. I was looking at swapping the trim with B8 A4 trim, but it was just too much of a pain to install. I also thought about painting it, but I would have had to take it all off for the job to be done right. I also own an M5, and saw on BMW forums that people had wrapped their trim in vinyl. So I had my window tint guy wrap it in matte black vinyl. It came out perfect at only a fraction of the cost of buying B8 A4 trim. IMO the car looks much better with the black trim. I attached some pics. Sorry the car is a little dirty its been about 5 degrees here.

Looks nice! How are you liking the Phantom Black? I am considering ordering the same combo, do you have any interior pics?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've really been wanting to do that also. Can you take pics of trim with the door open? Did you provide the vinyl or did he have it?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by legbend
I've really been wanting to do that also. Can you take pics of trim with the door open? Did you provide the vinyl or did he have it?
I provided the vinyl. If you search BMW shadowline vinyl it should come up. What exactly do you want pics of? The upper molding or the corners of the door trim?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sobz
I provided the vinyl. If you search BMW shadowline vinyl it should come up. What exactly do you want pics of? The upper molding or the corners of the door trim?
The upper part of the trim when the door is open. Thanks!

Also, how much and what size of the shadowline did you buy? I was planning on getting it from there and trying myself, or going to local car-vinyl-graphics-wrap place.