S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Blue Tooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Tooth Problem

6500K on the car I think I may actually love it more then the day I picked her up. Since 5K miles she seems to pull harder and corner better. Only two problems to date:
1. Tireware. Discussed in another thread. Picking up Conticontactextreme DWS tires on Wednesday next week.
2. Blue tooth problems. First if I’m talking, and another call comes in, when I select to replace the call with the MMI joystick more then 50% of the time both calls are disconnected. Secondly, a few times after this has happened, if I try to call back either number to quickly the MMI system freezes up. My blackberry will be disconnected but the MMI main screen will say connecting. On the dashboard screen, it will say end call, but the car will not let you select this. The system will actually freeze up completely! Regardless of what button I hit, the two screens remain as described. Furthermore I can't access the navigation, media, or radio. Turning on and off the car does not fix the problem. Turning the blue tooth connection off my blackberry does nothing either. Interestingly, the only way to unfreeze the system is to shut down the blackberry. This happened for the third time last night. So a rarity but still occurring.
Anyone with the same problem?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I do not have a problem at all with bluetooth... Works pretty well for me, but I'd have to honestly say that I have only had to switch calls like twice since having the car - just not that popular I guess.

What tires do you have? Mine came with the Dunlops and I love them. Not seeing too bad tire wear on the treads, but it will definitely leave some black on the roads in hard/fast corners... Had a bit of a disagreement with my car about how fast I should be entering a corner last weekend and broke all four free (the car was right ) - after a close call with a guard rail or two( ), I could definitely smell the tires, but they still look and feel great. I am planning on buying another set once these wear down. About 5000 miles on the car now.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

sounds like a problem with your phone or carrier, not the mmi. possibly just a compatibility issue. mmi doesn't like blackberries all that much, but it tolerates them. try just being very deliberate in your commands. and don't go too fast. just press it once and wait. or try swapping with voice command. i believe there is a command for that. press talk, wait for beep, speak clearly. Available commands are in the manual or by saying "help commands".
Old 09-17-2010, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I figured it was probably the blackberry. Thanks for the advice.

As for the tires I have the rossa pzeros. Love them but there just not wearing that well. Alignment is good so I guess its just me driving harder then I thought . Hopefully I don't lose to much performance with the Conti's. I sort of need all season tires for the amount of driving I do and the necessity to get into work whether there is sleet, snow, tornado, tsunmai, the sky following down, etc. Every review says the conti's are the best all season. I guess I'll soon see
Old 09-17-2010, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Actually Ive been getting this a lot recently with my Nexus One. It was working perfectly fine the first few months and now within the last few weeks its been crazy buggy.

When I go to accept a call, it shows on the screen that its connected but I cant hear anything, its still playing through my phone. However my phone shows that the bluetooth is connected to the car. I have to hit the connected button on the phone a couple times turning it on and off and then it starts playing through the car.

Very weird.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Actually Ive been getting this a lot recently with my Nexus One. It was working perfectly fine the first few months and now within the last few weeks its been crazy buggy.

When I go to accept a call, it shows on the screen that its connected but I cant hear anything, its still playing through my phone. However my phone shows that the bluetooth is connected to the car. I have to hit the connected button on the phone a couple times turning it on and off and then it starts playing through the car.

Very weird.
I also have a nexus one and have the exact same problem. I think this has to do with the new Android 2.2 software. It was working fine before the update. Google screwed something up with the wireless/bluetooth software...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My droid incredible will not connect anymore. I did the froyo 2.2 update two weeks ago and it was working fine until today. I'm so sick of the issues with this cell phone. Such a love hate relationship with it.