S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Bluetooth Streaming Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to purchase the A2DP and try it out this week with my blackberry. i'll report back asap.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am going to buy the A2DP and install it this week for use with my blackberry. i'll report back asap to the group.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soundsubs
I am going to buy the A2DP and install it this week for use with my blackberry. i'll report back asap to the group.
That update is for the previous gen MMI, not ours. I'd hold off.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, yes I have exact same problem. I just got a 2008 A4 with I believe the Symphony radio system installed (6 CD changer with no nav, BT, and the iPod connector in the glove box). I use my 3G iPhone with OS 4 for my music, and I bought an iPod dock extender so I wouldn't have to have my iPhone tied up in the glove box to listen to its music. The extender works fine to play the iPod app through the car’s stereo. However, when I try to use Pandora, it plays for maybe 5 seconds through the stereo, and then it goes back to only playing the iPod. I tried to force quit the iPod app on the iPhone but I am unable to (i.e. I go through all the steps but it restarts itself after a few seconds).

It seems that there is something in the Audi connector that tells the iPhone to kick back to the iPod app. I have searched on in Apple forums and nothing. I was almost tempted to revert to pre 4.0 OS so I wouldn’t have multitasking but like the multitask too much and think that might not even do it. Wondering if the Audi tt Bluetooth adapter that is on sale over the web would help but can’t seem to get a 100% answer on that and don’t want to drop the $200 for that when I could put that toward another stereo system altogether (e.g. something from Crutchfield with nav).

Thanks all (this is my first Audi and I am liking the great amount of forum information I have come across, though I can’t seem to crack this nut)

Originally Posted by mikekenny86
yes this has been driving me nuts ever since i got my 2011 A5 - it has bluetooth telephony but cannot stream music from my iphone 4 - i can connect the cable in the glove compartment to my phone for it to recognize the ipod app but other than that it does not recognize anything else youtube,pandora etc - is there an update? will the bluetooth streaming audio adapter work? thanks.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

did you get it? did it work?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yup, i got it: and it didnt work.
((im using a blackberry bold))
i was able to pair my phone to the car, and the a2dp to the car, but when selecting devices, it simply reads "incompatible" and will not stream.

ive tried deleting all devices and re-adding them in different orders. ive tried connecting in different orders, etc, and nothing worked.
out of the box, an ipod worked-- interesting that the file navigation looks the same on an ipod as it does on SD cards, ie, no cover graphics.

i have decided to just use the SD cards.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Man, there's something about listening to my own music that I don't like, even though I have a ton of it and there's no way I can be bored with it. I mean I have about 80 gigs of tunes, not as much as some but a ton of music anyways, and I'd still rather hear something that someone else came up with. I guess it's that there's a possibility I'll hear something new and like it.

With that said, I really rwsh we could get this streaming audio working. It can't be all that hard to do, they just need to take care of it.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

What needs to happen is a campaign to lobby Audi USA on getting the bluetooth audio streaming upgrade prioritized. It was already officially promised by Audi a couple years back, and now we just await the fulfillment of their promise.

The question is - can we here in the forums organize a campaign to apply pressure? What if they shelved the upgrade for other more seemingly urgent issues? If we make it "urgent" again for them, perhaps it'll go back on the front burner in terms of engineering projects to complete.

I work in Corporate America, and I know exactly how this works. There's a neverending list of things to do, but the ones that create pain for executives tend to get prioritized.

Squeaky wheel, meet grease.

Thoughts?
Old 06-06-2011, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just picked up a 2011 Subaru Forester for a company sales vehicle and it has streaming blue tooth audio! Never realized how cool of a feature it is. Really odd that our S4's don't have it. I also can't believe we do not have a aux. input jack, or do we? Not a big deal because I have Sirius and use the SD card but it would be cool to be able to play music off my android phone.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peppe1.8T
I just picked up a 2011 Subaru Forester for a company sales vehicle and it has streaming blue tooth audio! Never realized how cool of a feature it is. Really odd that our S4's don't have it. I also can't believe we do not have a aux. input jack, or do we? Not a big deal because I have Sirius and use the SD card but it would be cool to be able to play music off my android phone.
You can get an auxiliary jack to replace the iPod cord in the glovebox

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Streaming Audio?