S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

brown interior

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brown interior

Clear this up for me: I want the Tuscan Brown interior for my Monsoon S4. It has been discontinued for this model year. In fact, the original order guide and the build page at Audi.com show only black and black/silver available. Magma has been added to his updated guide, but not the brown.

A couple of people have the brown interior in their '12 cars, calling it Mustang Brown. Is this not available in the states? If any of you are in the US and have this interior, please let me know so I can figure out how to order it. I don't like black interiors or the grey inserts. And I'm not terribly excited by the magma. The brown should be to my taste...... .
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Keep in mind I am pretty certain that you can even get pink leather if thats your thing as long as you don't mind paying for the custom work through Audi's exclusive program.

According to the order guide though, the only standard leather options that are available are Black Alacantra, Black/Silver Alacantra, Black/Red Nappa, Black Nappa and Black/Silver Nappa. Can't go wrong with any of them IMHO, but I stuck with the Alacantra. (TMI ALERT) My butt doesn't get along with leather very well.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brown has not been very popular. You still may be able to get it but it probably will cost you extra. Pick a different color. The red/black 2 tone seats look spectacular with Monsoon. Alternatively, all the other color look great as well. I have seen Meteor and 2 tone brown/black seats and was not impressed.T he brown actually has an orange hue to it https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2809747
Old 07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
Brown has not been very popular. You still may be able to get it but it probably will cost you extra. Pick a different color. The red/black 2 tone seats look spectacular with Monsoon. Alternatively, all the other color look great as well. I have seen Meteor and 2 tone brown/black seats and was not impressed.T he brown actually has an orange hue to it https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2809747
The Brown in the Tuscan brown/Black leather looks considerable lighter and even orange in photos's which are in direct sunlight. It does NOT appear orange in real life even in bright sunlight. It's the same thing with the Magma Red/Black leather which appears Bright Red in pictures but in real life it's a much darker red.
This photo below is a more accurate depiction of how it looks in day to day real life. Notice the difference in color where direct sunlight hits the seats. It makes it appear in photo's to be orange, but in indirect sunlight it's clearly brown. (I know there are a lot of different shades of brown, so this is just my opinion)
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

That does look pretty much like the brown interior on my friends S4. But it all depends on the lighting. Sometimes Black looks gray in pictures of the interior
Old 07-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrGP
That does look pretty much like the brown interior on my friends S4. But it all depends on the lighting. Sometimes Black looks gray in pictures of the interior
Audi's black looks pretty gray to me in person.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good
Audi's black looks pretty gray to me in person.
You are right. What they call Black interior in the B8 S4 is really dark charcoal. It is not dark enough to be black. B6 S4 was really black. Why don't they just call it what it is?