S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Build Date Delayed / Forced Interior Change

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'll have my S4 in about three weeks, so I'll provide an update. If I get crap carbon fiber, heads will roll. And I can drive straight to the factory so they can fix it.

If they put SS on instead, I'd probably be okay with that - provided it was at no extra charge. I trust my sales rep though, so I'm not too worried.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

What I would like to know is why is it That AoA doesnt evn know About this yet? I called this morning and although they said they would research it for me, they claim they have not heard anything about the change and claim that as far as they know, brushed aluminum is still available. Assuming this info is accurate, why doesnt AoA know about it?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by xxShadowxx
Well I'll have my S4 in about three weeks, so I'll provide an update. If I get crap carbon fiber, heads will roll. And I can drive straight to the factory so they can fix it.
not if they dont have a supplier and they have run out of supply. Ofcourse you are probably safe since your build has already started
Old 12-28-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by maverick112
I dont see anything about a brushed aluminum change in this link
Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by xxShadowxx
I asked my salesperson about the whole aluminum / carbon fiber issue - she said that she's received no such news from Audi.
unfortunately, salespeople are the last to know. most of them arent very well informed to begin with. I always verify info through tghe manufacturer and typically hold very little trust in the salesperson
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vduc
Strange NADA Guide has if you select Carbon inlays it automatically selects a "credit":
CARBON ATLAS DECORATIVE INLAYS
*GROSS*
Manufacturer Code: 5MK $466 $500

CREDIT: CARBON ATLAS DECORATIVE INLAYS
*Late Availability*
*CREDIT*
Manufacturer Code: YBK -$466 -$500

I asked my sales guy, last week he didn't know about a change to carbon. Doesn't bother me either way, I was going to order carbon inlays.
It's also shown on Costco Auto and Edmunds TMV. What's getting to me is why they are offering the carbon credit right now, and axing it during the middle of a model year? Did Audi feel sorry for the sudden drop in aluminum, but then decided that they were loosing too much monies? My theory is this: Audi has some supply for the aluminum trim left, but are forced to switch to carbon fiber in the new year. Therefore, Audi is rewarding the people choosing carbon fiber right now (since that will become the new standard) in order to slow down the loss in aluminum trim. Furthermore, I think people will get the aluminum trim as long as their order is sent in before the 4th of January and supply permitting. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
I dont see anything about a brushed aluminum change in this link
My guess is that it's implicitly implied.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

we ordered our S4 yesterday, wanted the brushed aluminum trim. The Manager said that it was not available but double checked with AOA it is not available. They had a new S4 with the wood trim, we didn't like it so we got the carbon fiber.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

why when you build an SS trim on the AUDI site, the door and glove box trim doesnt change much from the standard brushed aluminum trim? The only thing that changes significantly is the center console? Anyone notice that? What a big diff that center console trim makes when you remove the aluminum and go to SS. Such a damn shame.

Last edited by GR8-LIFE; 12-29-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm.. this must be some change that's going into affect on 1 January. I may have one of the last S4's with aluminum since mine was built just about a week ago, and the factory shut down on the 23rd for holiday break and "retooling".

I'll be throwin' the door open immediately upon delivery and checking the trim!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mark_nimda
why when you build an SS trim on the AUDI site, the door and glove box trim doesnt change much from the standard brushed aluminum trim? The only thing that changes significantly is the center console? Anyone notice that? What a big diff that center console trim makes when you remove the aluminum and go to SS. Such a damn shame.
Don't put too much faith in the Audi site as it has a number of errors. Try configuring an S4 with the Audi Drive Select package. It's not even an option.

Quick Reply: Build Date Delayed / Forced Interior Change