S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Build to Order Lead Times

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build to Order Lead Times

Hi all,

After the first flush of excitement when deposit was down and order placed for S4 Avant it has all paled a bit. Order in October was due 28 February. I changed colour to a non-standard variety, and as a result i was reconfirmed for MAY delivery. I asked how paint could hold things up so much, and then i was told it was because it was an Avant...but it was also an Avant for february delivery....grrrr.

Anyway, all settled down now....could any of you helpful peeps out there give me some points of comparison on S4 build to order times for order placed recently? Trying to keep my dealer honest!

Thanks
Old 12-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dilettanteque
Hi all,

After the first flush of excitement when deposit was down and order placed for S4 Avant it has all paled a bit. Order in October was due 28 February. I changed colour to a non-standard variety, and as a result i was reconfirmed for MAY delivery. I asked how paint could hold things up so much, and then i was told it was because it was an Avant...but it was also an Avant for february delivery....grrrr.

Anyway, all settled down now....could any of you helpful peeps out there give me some points of comparison on S4 build to order times for order placed recently? Trying to keep my dealer honest!

Thanks
S4 Avant? Nice! Must be ordering from anywhere except the States. Do post a pic when you get the car!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, Ordered my Avant in July, it's due to be delivered this week. *aparently* because I ordered the Black edition...I think they just start off with a short lead time (2-3 months I was promised) to get the deposit down.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think any delivery times from the US would be helpful since your car will not have to be shipped across the pond. No Avants or special order colors here either.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Toerag - the July to December lead time puts it into perspective I guess. Factory lead times probably more important than shipping lead time it seems. I'm in Australia, which means it is delivered by an over-encumbered camel with a snorkel. But it seems that factory slots for S4 build to orders are challenging, and a little bird tells me that Avant models even more so.

Harrumph.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

And I will definitely put a pic up when it arrives, but given the lead time I expect that there will be new 3D "experience it yourself" technology widely available through personal goggles that will allow you to simulate driving it yourselves. JPG will just be so yesterday given the 24 year lead time they have promised.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM

For what it's worth ... When I placed the order for my 2011 S4 with exclusive color, the order was entered into the system on July 19th 2010 and I took delivery on November 2nd. Seemed like it took forever!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered mine on 10/11. The salesman assured me that it would be mid November. Cut to: new estimate of 12/23. If I were the cynical type I'd think the salesman knew all along

S4 Manual Black
MMI
Sport Diff
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Leather (White)
B&O Sound
19" Wheels

As Mr. Petty pointed out, the waiting is the hardest part. Ok, it's actually the paying.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seems a common theme. The length of wait only gets bigger once you've committed.

I am just hoping to get mine before the B9 is announced with all that weight loss and new diff technology. I know the B9 S4 Avant will be a long way away when the new platform is announced, but it will be a tad annoying to have picked up the superseded model at the current model pricing!
Old 12-16-2013, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilettanteque
Seems a common theme. The length of wait only gets bigger once you've committed.

I am just hoping to get mine before the B9 is announced with all that weight loss and new diff technology. I know the B9 S4 Avant will be a long way away when the new platform is announced, but it will be a tad annoying to have picked up the superseded model at the current model pricing!
Mine's Here! 66 days. 9.4 weeks. I pick it up tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Build to Order Lead Times