S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Called local dealer for Stasis reflash...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Called local dealer for Stasis reflash...

And they told me that I need to bring in my car, they take out the ECU, then they ship it back and reinstall it in the car. Takes 3 to 4 business days. Is that usual? I was hoping to have it reflashed like in an hour, ha ha. The price is $1850 plus tax so it's like $2000.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Muray
And they told me that I need to bring in my car, they take out the ECU, then they ship it back and reinstall it in the car. Takes 3 to 4 business days. Is that usual? I was hoping to have it reflashed like in an hour, ha ha. The price is $1850 plus tax so it's like $2000.
Yes that's about normal. Due to security features in the ECU itself and probably to protect the proprietary work that was done by APR* to crack the code for the tune, they are not doing local flashes right now. All tunes for the B8 S4 have to be sent to APR*.

APR offers the same* tune and it is on sale. $1,350 for the flash. I had the ECU back in less than 48 hours and it took about 15 minutes to remove and 10 minutes to reinstall.

You might pay about $50 to priority overnight the ECU.

*is anyone picking up on subliminal messages here?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, at this point APR or Stasis needs the ECU sent in.... Stasis will take longer as they have to send it to APR after they recieve it! LOL Yank it yourself and go APR you will not regret it... Stasis only has 91 tune...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't want to void the warranty...but there's no way the dealer can find out about the APR reflash, right? And nothing goes wrong with the reflash, right?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Excuse my ignorance, but what can you do if you ever lose your ECU from shipping?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Yes, at this point APR or Stasis needs the ECU sent in.... Stasis will take longer as they have to send it to APR after they recieve it! LOL Yank it yourself and go APR you will not regret it... Stasis only has 91 tune...
Yeah, I'm down to the damn sheer bolts... I thought I was going to be able to get by using a set of gripping pliers, but no dice. Off to get a dremell at lunch!

The current APR "sale" right now pushed me over the edge!

The whole process to get the ECU out shouldn't take more than 15mins. (Unless you don't have the right tools like myself! lol)

Oh, and don't forget your torx set.

I think if you lose your ecu in shipping you just throw your car out. Make sure you grab your personal stuff first, and don't use a local dumpster, since that's illegal.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kwikwi
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0mm 5.4pt 0mm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0mm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Excuse my ignorance, but what can you do if you ever lose your ECU from shipping?
You go to the dealer with your VIN and have them order another...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Yeah, I'm down to the damn sheer bolts... I thought I was going to be able to get by using a set of gripping pliers, but no dice. Off to get a dremell at lunch!

The current APR "sale" right now pushed me over the edge!

The whole process to get the ECU out shouldn't take more than 15mins. (Unless you don't have the right tools like myself! lol)

Oh, and don't forget your torx set.

I think if you lose your ecu in shipping you just throw your car out. Make sure you grab your personal stuff first, and don't use a local dumpster, since that's illegal.
Yeah, us DSG guys got lucky and don't have the bolts... Sale price is very nice.... you won't regret it... If you forget your torx set the tool kit in the trunk has the ones you will need... just don't try using it for the elbow between the intake and blower.... snap! LOL Also, LOL at the lost ECU comment almost spit my water up...
Old 04-04-2011, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by primetime
You go to the dealer with your VIN and have them order another...
Sounds crazy to ask for a new ECU ? How much will they ask for $$
Old 04-04-2011, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to void the warranty...but there's no way the dealer can find out about the APR reflash, right? And nothing goes wrong with the reflash, right?
No, they cannot tell, and APR has flashed hundreds of B8 S4's by this point, they have said they still average 4-5 a day for the B8 S4, and this is since Sept. No one has reported any problems with either a dealer or the car with their tune to date on the boards I frequent. I would estimate about 40% have a tune across the enthusiast sites.

Quick Reply: Called local dealer for Stasis reflash...