S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Called local dealer for Stasis reflash...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl

The current APR "sale" right now pushed me over the edge!
Dr V...I'm very happy for you!!! Your car is going to be a beast with that tune!!!!!

Can't wait to hear what you think.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4PNW
My Stasis Tune was $1620 out the door and I did get a loaner from Monday PM to Friday PM
That's a good deal. I also got a free loaner for 6 days.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Dr V...I'm very happy for you!!! Your car is going to be a beast with that tune!!!!!

Can't wait to hear what you think.
Thanks, I'm happy too!! ... just pissed I didn't get the ecu out today. I just came back from home depot with my cordless dremel so I should be good to go.

Does APR send back some sheer bolts to replace the ones I'm hacking out of there?

I'm going to run the 93 tune like Neal... then I hope to get to the track sometime this spring. We're having our NW meetup this weekend, so that's my time deadline. I need this thing back in my hands for Saturday.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Thanks, I'm happy too!! ... just pissed I didn't get the ecu out today. I just came back from home depot with my cordless dremel so I should be good to go.

Does APR send back some sheer bolts to replace the ones I'm hacking out of there?

I'm going to run the 93 tune like Neal... then I hope to get to the track sometime this spring. We're having our NW meetup this weekend, so that's my time deadline. I need this thing back in my hands for Saturday.
Yep they will send back 4 new bolts, if they forget you can have the one's they sent me - I didn't need em!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I didn't buy my car from the Stasis dealer. Do you think they'll give me a loaner for those days?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Muray
I didn't buy my car from the Stasis dealer. Do you think they'll give me a loaner for those days?
The Audi Stasis dealer I went to, was different than the one I purchased the car from & they offered a free loaner car. The total price with shipping, labor & tune was around $1676. It actually only took 6 days (including the weekend).

Since I only have 91 octane fuel available (Calif), there was not much additional value in getting it from APR.

APR tune was $1499 at the time, plus FedEx shipping.

Last edited by m444; 04-04-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does anyone know if getting the Statis or the APR chip affect your Audicare service?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by orderedanalog
Does anyone know if getting the Statis or the APR chip affect your Audicare service?
It has no effect on AudiCare, which is just a service agreement (not a warranty).
Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
Let's be clear. You can't void your warranty by having your ECU reflashed by APR or Stasis. Your dealer can refuse warranty coverage if a part fails as a result of the tune, but they can't deny you coverage on, say, a defective suspension component because of an ECU tune.

That said, even a Stasis tune is not covered by Audi. The warranty on that is through Stasis. If you get the Stasis tune at a Stasis dealer and Audi denies coverage on a problem, Stasis should step in and foot the bill for the repair. A couple of key things, though:

1) When getting the Stasis tune, Audi has knowledge of it.

2) If Audi blames the Stasis tune and Stasis blames Audi parts, neither of them will be the ones left holding the bag while it is hashed out.

3)If Stasis goes belly up, the Stasis warranty means nothing.

Just a few things to consider.
So many assumptions here - if you perfer APR why not just say it... If the APR tune is so good and fool proof why don't they stand behind it... Just seems so many people try to slam the stasis warranty over assumptions. How's this then - if your engine blows with the APR tune your f_ _ _ _'D in a 50K car. See anything can be slanted. Bottom line if a warrantly makes someone feel better on a 50K car then why try to make a company that does not provide one sound "better"...lol and the dealer could say due to the APR tune any part on the car has had "undue" wear and stress put on it - even a suspension part...
Old 04-05-2011, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by giovanni0330
So many assumptions here - if you perfer APR why not just say it... If the APR tune is so good and fool proof why don't they stand behind it... Just seems so many people try to slam the stasis warranty over assumptions. How's this then - if your engine blows with the APR tune your f_ _ _ _'D in a 50K car. See anything can be slanted. Bottom line if a warrantly makes someone feel better on a 50K car then why try to make a company that does not provide one sound "better"...lol and the dealer could say due to the APR tune any part on the car has had "undue" wear and stress put on it - even a suspension part...
You do realize the Stasis tune IS the APR tune. What do you think is really going to happen when you blow your engine?

Honestly, I bet APR would help you out more than Stasis would at that point.. but that's just my opinion. How much support do you think Stasis would provide to a chip they don't even make? I bet their techs will get right on it!

BTW- Once you tune, Audi is OUT of any issues... regardless of which tune you go with.... no one that I know of has had a B8 engine tune go wrong yet... for now it's all speculation as of who would even step up in such a circumstance.

APR hasn't been around for 10+ years by blowing engines... perhaps that's warranty enough?

Quick Reply: Called local dealer for Stasis reflash...