S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Can you find Stripper S4s ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 282 Likes on 205 Posts

Dealers put new cars on Autotrader also. It is a good search tool, one can go the dealers site often for more detail. Many dealers bring in a stripper is a price leader. Rector Audi had a new 2011 S4 loss leader in July 2010. It was even marked down.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I was in the same situation. I sold my Cayman S back in August. I ended up ordering a fairly basic S4. Took about 3 months to come in. I picked it up last weekend. So far very pleased
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by toddphilly
Actually I was in the same situation. I sold my Cayman S back in August. I ended up ordering a fairly basic S4. Took about 3 months to come in. I picked it up last weekend. So far very pleased
Would it be rude to ask what you paid for it ? It'd make a good data point for me... I am also considering an A5 (sexy lines) but I'm worried the 2.0T won't be strong enough on a heavy car.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
man, i thought that title meant something else!!!
Yeah this thread is begging to be hijacked. Should be "can your S4 find strippers?"
Old 11-11-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, it got your attention, did it not ? ;-)

I gotta confess, I was cross shopping S4s, A5s and 335is coupes for an hour... If you think the Audi options load is bad (and I do), try a bimmer. That 43K MSRP car is nowhere to be found on a lot under 58-60K! Unreal... Pah, didn't want a bimmer anyway, I hate runflats. At least you do see some S4s under 50K, some.... I have a feeling I'm gonna have to order one to spec or have the dealer trade something with another location....
Old 11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Deschodt
Would it be rude to ask what you paid for it ? It'd make a good data point for me... I am also considering an A5 (sexy lines) but I'm worried the 2.0T won't be strong enough on a heavy car.
Dealer selling price for my lightly optioned car was $800 over invoice and then I subtracted owner loyalty incentive off of that. I found many dealers only willing to go $500 off sticker but if you search, you'll find dealers that will negotiate.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I paid around $750-800 over invoice. My final selling price was right around $46k. My only option on the car is the nappa seats.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, I talked to a dealer friend who has access to audi numbers - he's at another car dealer in the same group, there are only 2 stick S4s in the state, one at 51K and one at 49K and change, neither of which are local, so add a few hundreds for shipping....

Ugh... The 49k one is white, which I prefer to the other black one, BO sound, titanium package w/ premium plus...

I asked to do his best on my car trade in and this car's price. This would be a no brained with a low options car, but now it's not a given. I haven't even test driven one :-) but I did own an A4 of the same era not too long ago, I I gain it's the same with more power...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deschodt
Well, I talked to a dealer friend who has access to audi numbers - he's at another car dealer in the same group, there are only 2 stick S4s in the state, one at 51K and one at 49K and change, neither of which are local, so add a few hundreds for shipping....

Ugh... The 49k one is white, which I prefer to the other black one, BO sound, titanium package w/ premium plus...

I asked to do his best on my car trade in and this car's price. This would be a no brained with a low options car, but now it's not a given. I haven't even test driven one :-) but I did own an A4 of the same era not too long ago, I I gain it's the same with more power...
The S4 is much more than just an A4 with more power. BTW, I(and most others will probably agree) HIGHLY recommend that you not get the S4 WITHOUT the sport dif. It is THE option that really makes this car special. Since you haven't given the car yet and coming from a Porsche, IMHO, you will not be happy WITHOUT the sport dif. It makes the car handle so much better. BTW, whats wrong with going out of state to procure a car. If the dealer won't trade out of state, tell him that he just loses your sale. And be prepared to make a road trip to wherever you find a suitable car.

Last edited by DrGP; 11-12-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny - I refer to my car as a "stripper" as well. Back in January I went to the dealer to check out the new S4 and literally bought this thing as they were unloading it off the truck. They're out there!

Quick Reply: Can you find Stripper S4s ?