S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Can you find Stripper S4s ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deschodt
Well, it got your attention, did it not ? ;-)

I gotta confess, I was cross shopping S4s, A5s and 335is coupes for an hour... If you think the Audi options load is bad (and I do), try a bimmer. That 43K MSRP car is nowhere to be found on a lot under 58-60K! Unreal... Pah, didn't want a bimmer anyway, I hate runflats. At least you do see some S4s under 50K, some.... I have a feeling I'm gonna have to order one to spec or have the dealer trade something with another location....
Yeah my car is nearly a stripper. I got a couple of cosmetic things (inlays and alu-optic trim). I couldn't pass up the sport-diff though. IMO every S4 should have the sport-diff. Navigation is for women. BO is a rip off. (flame suit on)
Old 11-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I consider my car a "stripper" (heh). I have base model + B&O + sports diff. that's it. I ordered my car on 9/16 and it arrived at the dealer today. Approx 2 months. Not bad at all. I'm not sure if my wait was so much shorter because of my location? Seems like 3 months is pretty standard for everyone else.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiControlA6
Why get a stripper? If you want to stay under $50k get a lightly used loaded model for cheaper than a new stripper. One year from now the extra options will be worth more than having 5-10k less miles.

Here's one!

http://classifieds.audiworld.com/sho...ct/5634/cat/20
Do you really think he's let that go for under $50K??? If so I'll buy it! Hell he's got ten grand in aftermarket parts on that, never mind the prestige trim
Old 11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, I honestly have no Idea, but he is taking offers. You lose about 15% just driving the car off the lot, add to that the 5,500 miles and I don't see it being out of the question. As for the mods, you never get money back for those unless you get real lucky. My point wasn't even about this car anyway, it just happened to be the latest listing in the classifieds.

Here are a few with prices right off yahoo classifieds.

http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/aud...i&distance=any

Old 11-12-2010, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I went there, it did not go well.... First I was told there was little to no give on the S4. Period. At best a grand off msrp, and that was after much begging and cajoling.

Then, they had no car to test-drive, none. There were 2 sticks but to be delivered to their owners, so all I could do was sit I one and make sure my fat *** fits in the seat. It does...whoopee...

Last but not least, they offered me$ 26600 for my cayman S in trade. I mean, the worst trade in I saw on the black/blue books was 30 something, private is 34.... So between that slap in the mouth, the lack of cars to my specs and the lack of test drive, I left... All I got was a brochure :-)

Yes, ordering one will be the way to go for sure... Sports diff and maybe the BO sound, period. But with that bad of a trade in, forget it. Private sale would be better but you lose a bunch on tax and there's the aggravation... With the difference right now, I can go buy me a used A4, chip it, and *keep* my cayman S for the same money or less. Insane...

We'll see if they call back but I'm not holding my breath :-(
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiControlA6
No, I honestly have no Idea... My point wasn't even about this car anyway, it just happened to be the latest listing in the classifieds"
Oh I know, actually I guess my post was a bit of a threadjack, sorry. I was just looking at the mods and the wheels started turning in my head.

edit: DAYUM, that last one only has 915 miles on it! And I bet you could get it for 45. Yikes.

Last edited by LeadToRome; 11-12-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMadS4
Yeah my car is nearly a stripper. I got a couple of cosmetic things (inlays and alu-optic trim). I couldn't pass up the sport-diff though. IMO every S4 should have the sport-diff. Navigation is for women. BO is a rip off. (flame suit on)
Agree! Perhaps not as hard line on the Nav, even though I don't have it. My TomTOM works well enough on the few occasions that I have need for a Nav.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deschodt
I went there, it did not go well.... First I was told there was little to no give on the S4. Period. At best a grand off msrp, and that was after much begging and cajoling.

Then, they had no car to test-drive, none. There were 2 sticks but to be delivered to their owners, so all I could do was sit I one and make sure my fat *** fits in the seat. It does...whoopee...

Last but not least, they offered me$ 26600 for my cayman S in trade. I mean, the worst trade in I saw on the black/blue books was 30 something, private is 34.... So between that slap in the mouth, the lack of cars to my specs and the lack of test drive, I left... All I got was a brochure :-)

Yes, ordering one will be the way to go for sure... Sports diff and maybe the BO sound, period. But with that bad of a trade in, forget it. Private sale would be better but you lose a bunch on tax and there's the aggravation... With the difference right now, I can go buy me a used A4, chip it, and *keep* my cayman S for the same money or less. Insane...

We'll see if they call back but I'm not holding my breath :-(
If you want to save a little money you can forget the B&O. I did and don't regret it. Perhaps an upgrade to 19" wheels instead? About the same cost. Descholt, what area of the country are you from? It appears that some dealers will sell at discount and others not. The key is to find the discount dealers in your area. Early this year the S4s could be had at certain dealers for $300-500 over invoice. There was an Amex deal that was very sweet. Not sure if the same deals still are available since I haven't had to negotiate for one lately.

Last edited by DrGP; 11-12-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
edit: DAYUM, that last one only has 915 miles on it! And I bet you could get it for 45. Yikes.
That is a great deal although this guy needs to grow a set and tell his wife to learn how to drive a manual....

"I absolutely love this car but have to get an automatic because my wife can't drive a manual and it's just not practical for us."
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I bet there's some rough miles in those 915 from when he tried to teach her... ouch!

Quick Reply: Can you find Stripper S4s ?