S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Cancel order?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cancel order?

I put down a deposit beginning of September and all the dealer has given me is that it'll be loaded on ship beginning November. No vin or prduction # or anything after repeated attempts for any additional info. My concern is that the dealer does not have an all location slot even if they say they do. Or that they would sale this vehicle to someone else since I got mine at a good price ($500 over invoice). I tried to have them start talking about financing or paper work but they keep saying it's too early in the process. Should I cancel this order and will I be penalized and not get my deposit back?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The only one that can answer any of your questions is you.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, something isnt right...I ordered my S4 on 8/30 but dealer didn't have an allocation. On 9/21, dealer tells me they have an allocation but car is in IS Order Bank. Asked a friend to look up under commission number I was given and it says Cancel. Asked dealer and they said it was an error as they put order in through two sister dealerships. Now telling me the car is scheduled to be delivered on 12/12. Something doesn't seem right...as a car in IS Order Bank wouldn't have a scheduled delivery date, would it? I got mine at $263 over invoice.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hiwasss
I put down a deposit beginning of September and all the dealer has given me is that it'll be loaded on ship beginning November. No vin or prduction # or anything after repeated attempts for any additional info. My concern is that the dealer does not have an all location slot even if they say they do. Or that they would sale this vehicle to someone else since I got mine at a good price ($500 over invoice). I tried to have them start talking about financing or paper work but they keep saying it's too early in the process. Should I cancel this order and will I be penalized and not get my deposit back?

Thanks!
You should have rec'd a commission # as soon as they put it into the Audi system. Then someone here on the boards could look it up for you to double check the status.

Originally Posted by jMacB8S4
Yes, something isnt right...I ordered my S4 on 8/30 but dealer didn't have an allocation. On 9/21, dealer tells me they have an allocation but car is in IS Order Bank. Asked a friend to look up under commission number I was given and it says Cancel. Asked dealer and they said it was an error as they put order in through two sister dealerships. Now telling me the car is scheduled to be delivered on 12/12. Something doesn't seem right...as a car in IS Order Bank wouldn't have a scheduled delivery date, would it? I got mine at $263 over invoice.
It would have an expected/estimated delivery date, which is what they probably gave you.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jMacB8S4
....I ordered I got mine at $263 over invoice.
What the heck...$263.00 and another one with $500.00 over invoice? Sounds like a very great buy. I hope I could get something close to that.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hiwasss

Thanks!
As others have mentioned, dealer should be able to give you a commission #. I don't think the dealer's response that it's "too early" to start worrying about paperwork is unusual, but they should at least be able to give you an indication of what their current financing rates are so you can start shopping other loan rates.

As for the deposit, should be fully refundable.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well I don't think price has anything to do with it as I also got mine for 500 over invoice. My dealership did not have an allocation but it didn't take long to get it. Sold order 7/28/11, released to manufacture 8/01/11...commission number L19759. On 9/09/11 received VIN number. Expected delivery date 10/17/11.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

in the near term, i would let them (i guess the sales manager at this point) know that you are aware of the ordering process (based on what has been said here and a great post on AZ) and find it unacceptable not to have proof (commission #) of your order. i would demand commission # or walk away.

i would also shop around to other dealers (competition!) and find out if one has an allocation that they can change to your specs - which would minimize time you would lose. this also means they would have to match on price, too, which is obviously ideal.

i dunno, i tend to lean more on the side of not letting anyone BS me, so I would walk if they were giving me grief...
Old 10-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ni4ni
What the heck...$263.00 and another one with $500.00 over invoice? Sounds like a very great buy. I hope I could get something close to that.
Yeah seriously, where are you guys getting only $263 and $500 over invoice? Which dealership? I'll travel a bit for it.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dawei213
Yeah seriously, where are you guys getting only $263 and $500 over invoice? Which dealership? I'll travel a bit for it.
Audi Supplier Pricing. No haggle flat 6% off MSRP (not including destination charge), which comes to about $500 over invoice.

Quick Reply: Cancel order?