S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Capristo Exhaust _ B8 S4

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Capristo Exhaust _ B8 S4

Recently came across / posted Video link to B8 S5 Exhaust, as reference alternative, albeit upper end price bracket. [Disclosure; I'm complete newbie to A'market exhausts]

Out of curiosity inquired if there were plans for S4 version & today received response from Capristo Germany as follows;

"......We are happy to inform you that we recently added the Audi S4 (B8) to our line of exhaust systems and is now also available for purchase.

The price would be 2,850 Euro plus shipping.

The Capristo Audi S4 exhaust system (like the Audi S5 system) comes already inclusive of a programmable control unit. ....."

Mainly a NA forum here but some EU readers I know. To some, maybe worth knowing about a new alternative A'market Supply option. Personally I like the initial sound and looks of S5 version a lot (video file), though have no such video or tech detail on S4, just that it's newly available and price-ee

Ref only - http://www.capristo.de/index.php?view=1&lang=en _ 'development' tab content is interesting to view, also

'news' tab has Video link for 'S5' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3JA82SLB4

Last edited by S4Tokyo; 11-08-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

spreadsheet has been updated.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...VE&hl=en#gid=4
Old 11-08-2010, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just a leeeetle out of my price range, but it sure sounds good on the "noisy" setting. I wonder what the point of having the different settings is, it seems like that it would add a lot of cost for very little (if any) benefit.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I wonder if the technology to alter the sound of this system is similar to what is used on the Corvette (couple other manufacturers have used similar systems)? Introduced on the Z06 a few years ago was a system that really opened up the exahaust over a certain RPM (3,000 rpm range). So it gave the car 2 sound levels. I'm pretty sure it has proven reliable.

To me...the loud setting is race track level volume!! And...to me...it doesn't sound like a V6 with a supercharger. More like a V8 with headers and no cats!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
I wonder if the technology to alter the sound of this system is similar to what is used on the Corvette (couple other manufacturers have used similar systems)? Introduced on the Z06 a few years ago was a system that really opened up the exahaust over a certain RPM (3,000 rpm range). So it gave the car 2 sound levels. I'm pretty sure it has proven reliable.

To me...the loud setting is race track level volume!! And...to me...it doesn't sound like a V6 with a supercharger. More like a V8 with headers and no cats!
this system comes with a remote control and u can switch at will. a buddy with a b7 rs4 has this system and the quality is unreal
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55

The S5 is V8 as I recall (?), so yes, need to wait for V6 (S4) Video to compare audiofile sound V's more traditional APR, AWE, Miltek's etc.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Just a leeeetle out of my price range, but it sure sounds good on the "noisy" setting. I wonder what the point of having the different settings is, it seems like that it would add a lot of cost for very little (if any) benefit.
From one of PDF's on their site;
"..... All Capristo Sports systems can be ordered in three versions: Louder than standard, pleasant on a daily use, or a version lighter yet more solid sound, or for your track days a very aggressive sound version. Capristo Exhaust Systems has launched a new Exhaust Control system designed for vehicles with serial flaps exhaust systems; with Control system monitoring constantly the pressure within the exhaust system and when the back pressure increases under acceleration, it opens the hatches at the muffler, causing the pressure to sink.
This offers two operating modes, travel and sport, which can be switched at a push of a button. In sport mode, the system opens the hatches earlier for maximum engine output.
The Exhaust Control also offers the possibility to drive all the
time with the hatches open. ......"
Old 11-08-2010, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

AWE>
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by voltrons_head
AWE>
To date am leaning towards APR, but plenty of time before I pull trigger, half the fun is looking forward to it;-)
For now, suspension drop is in play, then let's see how quick I need a further fix
Old 11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by S4Tokyo
To date am leaning towards APR, but plenty of time before I pull trigger, half the fun is looking forward to it;-)
For now, suspension drop is in play, then let's see how quick I need a further fix
You and I are on the same page. I'm looking at exhausts but there's plenty of time. Right now I'm dealing with the suspension. I have KW V2's out in the garage and I'm waiting for the GMG swaybars I ordered last friday. Once they come I'll be installing them, stainless brake lines and new pads and I'm gonna get them to flush the brakes and refill with better brake fluid. I'm pretty stoked.

Quick Reply: Capristo Exhaust _ B8 S4