S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

In car phone sync bluetooth question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In car phone sync bluetooth question.

Ok so I enabled the bluetooth on my Blackberry so the MMI will discover it. The issue I have is that once the blutooth connects my phone to the MMI it seems to think I am on a call and shuts off the stereo. When I switch to the phone screen it shows I am connected but of course I am not on a call, no way to unmute the stereo that I have found unless I disable the bluetooth on my phone then it will disconnect and the stereo will come back on. I am sure it is something simple, any ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How did you do the pairing? The best way is the set the phone to discoverable, and have the car find it. Then the car will give you a 4 digit code to enter in the phone to confirm that it is your phone it's synching to. Doing it from phone to car I have seen oddities like you mention.

After pairing, remember to set your phone back to not visible.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
How did you do the pairing? The best way is the set the phone to discoverable, and have the car find it. Then the car will give you a 4 digit code to enter in the phone to confirm that it is your phone it's synching to. Doing it from phone to car I have seen oddities like you mention.

After pairing, remember to set your phone back to not visible.
I tried pairing it both ways. No matter which way I pair it everytime the phone connects to the MMI it goes to the phone screen where it says connected and the timer starts. As soon as this happens the stereo shuts off. Can't hang up on the MMI as there is no call. I would expect it to mute the stereo during a call, which makes sense but not the whole time it is connected to the phone. I must be doing something wrong with some setting somewhere???
Old 04-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This sounds like the same problem I had with my wife's LG Vue which I later found out was not compatible with the MMI. I bought her an iPhone and it hooked right up the first time. My Blackberry also hooked up with no issue in my S4. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I checked on the Audi website, it says the Blackberry Tour 9630 is compatible. I just keep wondering if there is a hidden setting somewhere on the phone or MMI to let it know it's connected but not on a call. Clearly the MMI thinks that as soon as the connection to the phone is made I am on a call so it mutes the stereo, the only other way would be to disconnect and re-connect everytime wanted to make a call which would really be a PITA.

I usually wear a bluetooth "Bug" in my ear so I may just skip the phone function in the car altogether, but I wanted to at least try it since it seems like a cool feature. The sound quality on my friends Lexus in car phone is so bad he does't use it because it sounds like he is in a tin can. Maybe I will ask the dealer next time I am in unless someone has another idea???
Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I may be coming from left field here since I don't have my car yet, but did you try actually making a call and then hanging up? Might work.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you check the BT setting on the Tour to see what services are being connected via BT?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

When I tried to make a call it connected then when I hung up it stayed connected and reset the timer and kept the stereo off. I checked the handsfree box in the set up on my Blackberry. Frustration sets in.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have the same problem with the same phone. The first 2 weeks I had the car the bluetooth worked perfectly and then all of a sudden one day this started happening and it hasn't worked since. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try this

Under
Options
-- Bluetoo
----Paired devices - AudiUHV
------Device properties
Set
Trusted = Yes
Encryption = Disabled
Echo control = Off
Save changes

Power cycle the device by pulling out the battery (Takes a long time to reboot)
Try pairing to see if problem still exists.

Quick Reply: In car phone sync bluetooth question.