S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Carbon Fiber Super Charger Badge....

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeoR604
Great advice.

If you don't have a mailbox on the US side, USPS is your best bet. Couple bucks for shipping and Canada Post *may* charge you $5 for brokerage plus the HST. I have had a few shipments where Canada Post just dropped them off and never bothered with brokerage or HST.

Do NOT use UPS to cross the border. Last time I did that, they wanted to charge $45 for brokerage. I ended up clearing it myself (which was a hassle).
Jason at ECS was the one who quoted the prices north of $120 (for the carbon fibre, $112 for the red)... $60ish for the badges, another $60 for shipping??

Might just have them sent to an office in the US next time I go down for work.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
Jason at ECS was the one who quoted the prices north of $120 (for the carbon fibre, $112 for the red)... $60ish for the badges, another $60 for shipping??

Something wrong with the freight quote. Ask them to put the badges in a padded mailer and toss them in regular mail. No way could this be $60.

Be sure there is no confusion between USPS (United States Postal Service) and UPS (United Parcel Service).

Last edited by LeoR604; 09-10-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

when I put these on I tried lots of different variations with the V6 lettering, it all seemed too busy in the end.
Attached Images   
Old 09-12-2011, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Those look the same as the ones I have. I still wonder about taking them off though. Who knows if they used 3M stuff or some sort of stickier/permanent tape on the back that could damage the paint.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Those look the same as the ones I have. I still wonder about taking them off though. Who knows if they used 3M stuff or some sort of stickier/permanent tape on the back that could damage the paint.
as thin/flexible as these are I don't believe they would survive being removed, but i would use a heat gun/hair dryer on low just to soften the adhesive then a plastic scraper gently under a corner (backed with a soft cloth). Have seen previous threads with good ideas on how to clean the adhesive off without damaging the paint. the OEM V6T came off pretty easily with no paint marking.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lancerb
as thin/flexible as these are I don't believe they would survive being removed, but i would use a heat gun/hair dryer on low just to soften the adhesive then a plastic scraper gently under a corner (backed with a soft cloth). Have seen previous threads with good ideas on how to clean the adhesive off without damaging the paint. the OEM V6T came off pretty easily with no paint marking.
Not very concerned with them breaking when coming off, was more concerned with the adhesive used being some sort of cheap quality and so strong that it rips the paint off! Probably overly concerned.

Love the blue on that car btw.

Did you take any pics with the V6 still on the car?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

BTW, how long have you had them on?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i was looking at these ones.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Flyer-Audi_...adge/ES391497/

it comes out to about 55 bucks including shipping (33 for the badges and 22 for shipping). then again i don't have HST so that probably helps but it shouldn't be 60 for the badges and 60 for shipping!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default badge...

BTW, how long have you had them on?
got the car in April put them on about two months later. the biggest point about removing things like that is paitence, slow steady pressure. the V6T didn't want to budge at first, but with time they came off clean.
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2011, 04:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A little off topic but does anybody have an idea of what type/style of 3M tape is on the back of the badges? The reason I ask is I just received the red badges yesterday, one side went on fine and the other I must have not cleaned up as well and its not sticking properly and edging up on both sides. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Super Charger Badge....