S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Change an order?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rainman86
I ordered a 2011 DSB S4 Prestige pretty optioned out a couple weeks ago, but was only really aware of the 2010 option list.

I've since seen the Titanium package, and think I'd like to add it. I got word from the sales rep the order was official on Thursday last week. I've not recieved word the vehicle is in production yet. Should I be able to add the Titanium package now?
Try to get it all correctly ordered with your change - the first time - so you don't change it back & forth like I did - and you end up increasing the chances of errors. My trials ended well - getting a really good deal on an S4 - when I'd initially ordered an A4. But, it could've been much worse!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
DOC
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Far as I can tell, for the Prestige package you get the 'RS' 19" wheels, blackout trim and grill, piano black insets (but I'm overriding with gray birch), and black interior.

What I'm not positive about is if I keep the silk nappa black/silver or if it goes all black, seems it goes all black.

My rep may be in the same boat as yours. Wish the configurator on Audi's site was fully functioning with 2011 options.
My SA told me my titanium package order had been accepted, and that it would not override the silk nappa black/brown seats I ordered. Still crossing my fingers since I've not seen any actual pics of the titanium package, or a titanium configured S4.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my rep change colors from brilliant black to Meteor Grey 2 weeks after I ordered (June 2 intial order date). Obviously the extra 450 or whatever it is made his move easy. Car was built last week with an 8/16 delivery date.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was able to add the Titanium package. Now the wait... *sigh*

No dates other than a vague 'late October' timeframe for delivery.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another question, I've seen several positive threads about the Alcantara, how about Silk Nappa? I ordered black/silver, and it seemed like a good upgrade (I've had leather and cloth on vehicles, usually like the leather better)
Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was able to change from S-Tronic to 6MT four weeks after my initial order on June 14. As mentioned below, until you are assigned a production week, you can change. It usually does not take four weeks to be assigned to production, I think I just got lucky with summer scheduling.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was that lucky or unlucky? What is a typical timeframe to get assigned a production week? From my coversation with the SA, I was guessing about 2-3 weeks.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Was that lucky or unlucky? What is a typical timeframe to get assigned a production week? From my coversation with the SA, I was guessing about 2-3 weeks.
Lucky, I ordered subject to test drive, dealer had no inventory and not much around at the other dealers in town. Once a had a chance to drive both, I wanted the 6MT. Since I was able to change, no cancel & re-order was necessary.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JonRS4
Lucky, I ordered subject to test drive, dealer had no inventory and not much around at the other dealers in town. Once a had a chance to drive both, I wanted the 6MT. Since I was able to change, no cancel & re-order was necessary.
That makes sense. I probably won't be able to test drive until September. The dealer's allocation till then are already sold.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

From my understanding I thought the Titanium Package was installed at port or at the dealer, potentially meaning you can order this even if your car already hit the production line?

Quick Reply: Change an order?