S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Chicagoland pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, for the slow reply, I have been way to busy to post on the forums...FYI keep in mind with the weekness in the dollar, Audi is sending alot of these cars elsewhere. The US has lost 23% of its allocation across the board. The OP called me and I ran a locate for him, nationally and there were no cars...for those of you (MR Reitman) (Cough cough)that were lucky to get a car quickly and at a good discount, consider yourselves blessed...Right now Audi days supply is the lowest I have ever seen. Normal days supply of inventory is usually around 120-130 days, as an average Chicagoland dealers are less then 50 day supply...

Audi Supply and Demand is only going to get worse!

If your flexable $1500 off in stock and maybe more off for an order. I assure you the car is worth every penny...
Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Oh and thank you for the nice words....
Old 10-31-2009, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

That would mean that the four sitting on two lots here in the Northeast Ohio area make for some lucky dealers. ;-)

Bull**** "six on the soil".

Originally Posted by A4and5.0
I got a little annoyed with Audi in Orland park. The guy told me, there are only 6 S4s on the soil in the entire U.S.
Basically what I am telling you is be ready for comments like that and it probably smart to avoid Orland Park....
Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So if I want one in the spring, I should order it by Christmas? Or is the availability so limited that I should order it sooner?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You can order now and have it first week March. Remember you loose about 3 weeks due to vacation for the Holidays in Germany... If you are lucky to get a January Production slot, than you may see it third week of Feb..There are way more than 6 cars on soil, but it depends on color, options and transmission.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mkes4
Try Paul Bowman at the Audi Exchange. I just picked up a 6 speed prestige that they had ordered but unallocated when I went in to look a month ago. Fair deal, and he is probably the most knowledgable "car guy" salesperson I have ever worked with.
I actually went for a test drive with Paul last week. I agree that he was very knowledgable and a pleasure to talk to. I'm going to give him a call this week to see what they can offer.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by A4and5.0
I got a little annoyed with Audi in Orland park. The guy told me, there are only 6 S4s on the soil in the entire U.S.
Basically what I am telling you is be ready for comments like that and it probably smart to avoid Orland Park....
I actually called them Friday and spoke to Pete Lats. He was very straightforward and though he didn't have the car was willing to negotiate the price on an order pretty much matching the price I heard from all the other dealers. I would recommend speaking with him if you ever happen to go to that dealer again.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MbaGsb98
No way man. If you want to save a lot more money call Tim Hayes at Napleton in Loves Park. He's in Rockford - but you'll get a MUCH better deal, and he's a great guy and the manager of the dealership so you'll get treated well. I was very happy with my purchase experience through him.

I haven't specifically quoted him on a new S4, although I was about to - I'd imagine he'll knock $1500 off that easily, maybe even $2000. If you do use him please PM me because I may be using him again soon and I'd like to be able let him know that I sent him a little business!

Thanks for the info! Like Tim said, I spoke with him Friday and he's now in this thread so you'll get the credit if I go that route.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Blownaway
Sorry guys, for the slow reply, I have been way to busy to post on the forums...FYI keep in mind with the weekness in the dollar, Audi is sending alot of these cars elsewhere. The US has lost 23% of its allocation across the board. The OP called me and I ran a locate for him, nationally and there were no cars...for those of you (MR Reitman) (Cough cough)that were lucky to get a car quickly and at a good discount, consider yourselves blessed...Right now Audi days supply is the lowest I have ever seen. Normal days supply of inventory is usually around 120-130 days, as an average Chicagoland dealers are less then 50 day supply...

Audi Supply and Demand is only going to get worse!

If your flexable $1500 off in stock and maybe more off for an order. I assure you the car is worth every penny...
Pretty much what Tim said is what I found calling 5 different dealers Friday. One actually would throw in Audi Care on an order as well.

To get exactly what I want I'd either have to order. To get cars very close to what I'd want it looks like I'd have to do some shipping. It seems the best deals are on orders so I guess the decision is best deal or get the car sooner. I've waited a whole generation so patience isn't too much of a problem! Of course when you're finally this close you start getting anxious

Tim, most of the dealers I spoke with said around 90 days so probably January for an order. Do you think they are forgetting about the holiday?
Old 11-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

BTW, Tim, that's a nice ride you got!

Quick Reply: Chicagoland pricing?