S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

to clear bra or not to clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to clear bra or not to clear bra?

So finally received word today that my car was loaded on a ship that sailed the 1st and will be at the US port the 11th, I'm about 4 hours from the port, so I'm assuming 14 days is enough wiggle room to give the car to get from the port to my dealership....because my car was sitting in germany for 2 months due to someone screwing up i've got about $2500 coming back from the dealer. Should I get a clear bra put on it? If so, for those of you that have them, what did you pay? I'm assuming the price is somewhat negotiable and would like something to base my negotiations off of. I guess I would have them instal it before taking delivery of the vehicle? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tunes
So finally received word today that my car was loaded on a ship that sailed the 1st and will be at the US port the 11th, I'm about 4 hours from the port, so I'm assuming 14 days is enough wiggle room to give the car to get from the port to my dealership....because my car was sitting in germany for 2 months due to someone screwing up i've got about $2500 coming back from the dealer. Should I get a clear bra put on it? If so, for those of you that have them, what did you pay? I'm assuming the price is somewhat negotiable and would like something to base my negotiations off of. I guess I would have them instal it before taking delivery of the vehicle? Thanks!
Get the car professionally detailed THEN put on a clearbra. If it was sitting around that long, it has rain etching and you want a clean paint before you put the bra on.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Get the car professionally detailed THEN put on a clearbra. If it was sitting around that long, it has rain etching and you want a clean paint before you put the bra on.
I'd assume since it was just sitting it had the shipping wrap on it, no?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd assume since it was just sitting it had the shipping wrap on it, no?
I'm sure if its professionally installed they make sure to clean it properly before putting it on.

I paid $1250 for mine. Highway package with full hood coverage.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Two words. Clear bra.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Clear bra bro
Old 06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

so any price points other than the 1250?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I cannot understand people who put clear bra !

It is so ugly !!!

It reminds me of people who keep the plastic on their lamps or who put runners on their carpet.

Live a little, enjoy you car naked !
Old 06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
+1, and professionally detailed does not mean let the dealership do it, unless you want the dealer installed swirl option. Find a detailer you trust and ask them if they have anyone they recommend for clearbra. I took mine to the detailer and the clearbra installer (located in the same business park) the day after I got my car. Do it ASAP for the best chance at avoiding rock chips and bug acid stains.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
I cannot understand people who put clear bra !

It is so ugly !!!

It reminds me of people who keep the plastic on their lamps or who put runners on their carpet.

Live a little, enjoy you car naked !
If your clear bra is ugly you have a terrible installer. Also, your lamps and carpet don't get blasted by rocks, sand, bugs, and gravel at 80-150 mph

Quick Reply: to clear bra or not to clear bra?