S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Clearbra White Car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearbra White Car?

Yeah another clearbra post. I tried to do a quick search and didn't see one addressing white specifically here.

Did anyone clearbra their white Audi s4 (or a4). If so, how bad or obvious is it? I was thinking about getting mine done.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I saw this in the A6 C7 section -
"just had my clearbra put on yesterday, the shop i used here in vegas was very reputable and they offered 3m, llumar, and expel. They said the expel stuff is good but better on darker colored cars, the llumar is thicker but since my car is white they said that would be the best option for the protection. I had the full front bumper,headlights, full fenders, a pillar and a quaterr of the rood, door cups, all door edges, and rear trunk luggage piece. Cost me $1600......"

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2817503
Old 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had it done on multiple ibis white s4's and as long as you treat it as paint, clay it, seal it, wax it, I never really had any issues or discoloration.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks Nick and Tenspeed.

@Nick How noticable is it? And how much does it take away from the look of the car? I plan on going in person tomorrow. The guy I am thinking of going through is clearbra'ing a White Acura MDX that will be in a nearby dealership's showroom, so I'll be able to look at that at least.

I was going to get Scotchgard for it. The installer said it would be the best for a White car.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 282 Likes on 205 Posts

I have Ventureshield PPF custom fit cut on Ibis white: full hood, front bumper, headlights, foglights, full front fenders. No line on hood since it wraps around most edges on hood. Cost was $1200

Two years ago, still like new. Use Expel protectant and use Zymol wax.

No one notices the clearbra.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You guys have answered another question I had been prepared to post. Do you wax and wash a clear bra as you would the normal paint?

I really like to detail my cars so I have a nice porter cable reciprocating buffer and use nothing less than top line products.

It seems the answer is yes. I was prepared to tape off the clear bra like I normally would crevices to avoid white line (powder look) build up.

What is the best for a dark car? I plan on the deep moonlight blue or sapphire black.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

You don't want to run clay bar on the bra...
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Evlengr
You guys have answered another question I had been prepared to post. Do you wax and wash a clear bra as you would the normal paint?

I really like to detail my cars so I have a nice porter cable reciprocating buffer and use nothing less than top line products.

It seems the answer is yes. I was prepared to tape off the clear bra like I normally would crevices to avoid white line (powder look) build up.

What is the best for a dark car? I plan on the deep moonlight blue or sapphire black.
I don't know the answer to this but I do know this...

You have to be more careful about the types of wax you use on a clearbra. Certain types will cause the clearbra to get hazy, leave rings, discolor etc.

To quote someone at Audizine "You'll want to use a purpose made product on paint protection film for guaranteed results. Most paint waxes/detailers have petroleum products that will dry up urethane films, open up the pores and essentially turn them into a dirt sponge (causing discoloration and staining)."
Old 07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skiracerblah
You don't want to run clay bar on the bra...
lol! I just read your post on audizine form 2011. How did that $15 shipping and handling bottle of PF1 Crystalline treat you? haha
Old 07-03-2012, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hhahha, that bottle of Crystalline was crazy expensive. However, i only apply it once every 2-3 months and i use very little of it. So, the bottle is lasting me a long time...

Quick Reply: Clearbra White Car?