S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Comments on this 2013 S4 setup and negotiated price

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've leased many cars and the bank fee/acquisition fee was always there. There might have been an Acura lease once where the dealer offered to pay that fee (part of the deal) but short of that, it's always there and has never been waived on an Audi lease that I've been involved with (five times now). The dealer is not blowing smoke about the lease programs either. You lock in whatever is available at the time you put in your deposit but if things get better at delivery time, you get the better deal. The nice thing is that it can't get any worse than what you are already aware of. I had that pleasant surprise with my wife's 11 Avant ... got an extra $500 back when the car was delivered (two months after signing the agreement).

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen the seats (Q4Q) or leather (N7N) listed like that before ... Are they part of some updated order guide?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlieG
I've leased many cars and the bank fee/acquisition fee was always there. There might have been an Acura lease once where the dealer offered to pay that fee (part of the deal) but short of that, it's always there and has never been waived on an Audi lease that I've been involved with (five times now). The dealer is not blowing smoke about the lease programs either. You lock in whatever is available at the time you put in your deposit but if things get better at delivery time, you get the better deal. The nice thing is that it can't get any worse than what you are already aware of. I had that pleasant surprise with my wife's 11 Avant ... got an extra $500 back when the car was delivered (two months after signing the agreement).

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen the seats (Q4Q) or leather (N7N) listed like that before ... Are they part of some updated order guide?
Thanks for the info on the bank/acquisition fee. I did not think that it could be waived. In your experience, is there an Audi Lease Termination Fee when the car is returned off lease?

I pulled the option codes from the "Build Your S4" part of the Audi website. If you choose to print your configuration, it generates a PDF with photos and a list of options. The Supercharged badge option is not listed on the Audi website. I e-mailed the PDF direct to the dealer when negotiating the sales price.

Considering the dealer is not trying to hide any other fees in the deal: Do you think the sales price is fair?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KZEVO
If you're leasing the car, get the MF and residual and recalculate your payments. I've done it for all the quotes i got and this calculator was quite accurate. It helps you also see how much money you're paying in interest as well. Good luck.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
IMHO, this is the best lease calc out there as it auto converts residual percentage to dollars, MF to interest rate, and will add in the applicable sales tax to the monthly payment.

Knowing the MSRP, sales price, MF and residual is a must if you are leasing a car. If the dealer payment is coming out higher than you calculated, then you can spot hidden fees right away.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by isles1
Considering the dealer is not trying to hide any other fees in the deal: Do you think the sales price is fair?
It looks reasonable to me. A great deal depends on where you are (you're not on LI are you?). In some markets it's not easy to get down to $500 over invoice (or even less) as many here state they've gotten. In the end, it's only a few hundred in a $50k - $60k deal so it's really not worth agonizing over.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by isles1
MSRP of $53,400 and a sales price of $50,562 ($836 over invoice)
$836 + $695 = $1531 over invoice.

Aside of that, it's a nice configuration! Ice Silver Metallic looks great.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CharlieG
It looks reasonable to me. A great deal depends on where you are (you're not on LI are you?). In some markets it's not easy to get down to $500 over invoice (or even less) as many here state they've gotten. In the end, it's only a few hundred in a $50k - $60k deal so it's really not worth agonizing over.
Yes, Long Island.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audiblitz
$836 + $695 = $1531 over invoice.

Aside of that, it's a nice configuration! Ice Silver Metallic looks great.
I don't follow that math. The $695 acquisition fee cannot be waived; it is the fee charged by the financing arm on a lease. How do you consider it as part of the sales price?
Old 10-13-2012, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, don't get nav for nav, get it for the drive select individual option and fiber optic connection between the head unit and amp.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A good price is what you and only you consider good for you. You will hear many opinions on prices from people, many of them have no idea what good price is and how it's calculated. Also there are huge differences when you getting a new car in the beginning of MY or at the end so basically what I am trying to say - there are no single point of view on pricing.

I know what I am saying is probably not really helpful, but basically just decide what you want and find a dealer who is willing to sell it to you at the price you are willing to pay. $500 over invoice is doable for some markets, not for others. Also there are other things you may ask dealer to "throw in" like winter mats, seat cover, even supercharged badges (you can get them on ebay for $18)
Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by helix139
IMO, don't get nav for nav, get it for the drive select individual option and fiber optic connection between the head unit and amp.
Point taken. But it is still a $3,050 option for extras I can live without.

Quick Reply: Comments on this 2013 S4 setup and negotiated price