S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Concerned buyer during the waiting period

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love mine. 2011, no problems at all. Not even brake squeal here (fingers crossed).
Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a super early car 6/2009 production delivered as one of the first during the first days of Sept 2009. I had Wp and S-Tronic issues along with squeaky brakes while I racked 20K on it but loved it so much I bought a 2011 S4 today.

What else can I say? Great cars.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WP issues are only for cars made BEFORE March of 2010, you are safe. The brake issue (break?) is sporadic at best, and if you bed them in and are not a person who waits to the last minute to brake (hard on brakes) it is not an issue. The brake dust is worse than any squeal. I had mine swapped out to StopTechs, now I have no dust issues.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh and I also came out of an Acura which I must say the service department was great but I am having no issues with my Audi service department so far. Just limited by the Tech line that they call to do stuff which tried to get them to take a shortcut on dropping my tranny and replacing parts in the clutch which I am going back for. I was one guy who had the only S4 in history to have my gauge cluster plastic crack without anything touching it lol but I love my car and hopefully after all is done and after the 5k service I wont have to see my dealer for a while. Would I buy another one? Of course. My only other choice was a 2011 335iS with M Package from BMW and the only thing I liked more on that car was the steering wheel cause it was thicker and I think diameter was smaller. Every single other thing about the S4 was leaps and bounds better.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i too was slightly worried about the issues i hear regarding Audi, and hearing about random things on this forum.

like many have said, the WP is not an issue. I haven't had squealing brakes even at the absolute freezing temperatures of 37 degrees here in florida.

I do suspect i might have a bad hood sensor and/or oil sensor as MMI oil reading hasn't budged one bit in 3k miles, but i'll have the dealer check it at the 5k service.

but other than that suspected problem (which may not be a problem at all), no issues with the car whatsoever. the car is an absolute dream.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You have to understand that the internet is a voicing board for complaints. What you will and expect to see here are complaints, not just back patting and accolades. You will hear both, but you should be concerned if you see a lot of posts about certain topics (like the water pump) then ask pointed questions to find out if you would be affected, and how it is being handled by both owners and Audi.

Overall, I can say that while my car has over 15K miles on it, and has the supposedly bad pump, I have had nothing but joy from mine, and the pump still has yet to fail on me (but I do expect it to if it's not fixed soon).
Old 12-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though I have complained about the water pump issue, the anemic sounding exhaust, the silver trim around the instrument panel, the lack of All Season tire availability, the style of the OEM wheels, the unavailability of certain options on the Premium package, I love the car. Its the best car I have had in my 45 yrs of driving. That being said, it isn't perfect and could be improved by addressing the issues that I have complained about. But its pretty damn good.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Plus you just like to complain Doc
Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to comment, I truly appreciate it. Your comments have put my mind at ease =) Since the 2011 doesn't have the plastic water pump that is one less thing to worry about. Sadly due to my heavy foot I'll start wearing in the engine following Docs suggestions =) I won't forget to bed the hell out of those breaks as well.

Thanks again =) When I get my car I'll post my comments and hopefully go out for a photo shoot (hobby/passion of mine). Anyone in the Toronto area is more than welcome to join me.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As a prospective buyer you have reason to be concerned. Concerned as to how you will find the time to drive it as much as you'll want to; concerned that you'll lose your job cause you'll be spending all your time on Audi forums and day dreaming about your car; concerned that you'll...........well, you get the idea. Seriously, this car is a blast. Love it more every day. (hope my car doesn't die on me now that I said this)

Quick Reply: Concerned buyer during the waiting period