S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

costco auto purchase/euro delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default costco auto purchase/euro delivery

I have a question-has anyone here used Costco when buying and if so was it a good price? Also could you order a car and still use that program and/or could you pair it with euro delivery? Nice car nice forum, thanks for any info.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I placed an order for my S4 via the Costco program. About a $2,600 discount from MSRP. Very easy. And this was an order...not buying off the dealer lot. My guess is to get Euro delivery the SA checks a box on the computer to tell Audi to hold it there and not ship it...I don't see why you couldn't do Euro delivery and get a Costco price. But watch...someone will follow up on my post and correct me. So again...this is just a guess.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Trust me I tried hard to do that. I was told that you could only get 5% off MSRP with Euro Delivery and not any more than that. The costco price was costlier than that (around 3% off MSRP). The best deal I could get was the 6% Audi Supplier discount and I managed to do ED with that price - check if your employer is an Audi supplier. The list is huge. (I am still hoping that the BMW conquest program is available next month when I will be actually doing the paperwork.)

In short, I couldn't find any dealer who was willing to negotiate. You just pick a "program" and you automatically have a price.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
I placed an order for my S4 via the Costco program. About a $2,600 discount from MSRP. Very easy. And this was an order...not buying off the dealer lot. My guess is to get Euro delivery the SA checks a box on the computer to tell Audi to hold it there and not ship it...I don't see why you couldn't do Euro delivery and get a Costco price. But watch...someone will follow up on my post and correct me. So again...this is just a guess.
Redrocker,

$2600 off is more than 5% off MSRP.. this is a very good price for costco program. I was told that if I want to do ED, I don't get to take 5% off of the costco price - it is just 5% off MSRP. It is not like the BMW world where the cars have a totally different ED invoice pricing and you can negotiate off of that.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I placed an order for my S4 via the Costco program. About a $2,600 discount from MSRP. Very easy. And this was an order...not buying off the dealer lot.