S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

CPS Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CPS Installed...

Had the full CPS system installed over the last two days... Picked it up this afternoon... Dealership did a nice job at a very fair price... Decided not to do it myself becuase of having to purge the system...

Hard to say about results as I drove the car home from the dealer and pretty much got stuck in traffic... IAT's did stay in the high 60's low 70's even sitting for minutes in traffic... They dropped rapidly once driving at a consistent pace... again need to get more data but very promising... will do logging in the morning/sunday...

The HE is huge compared to stock(see pics)... No doubt the system is well setup...

Few things I noticed... The pump runs for quite a while after the car is off and kicked on a while after the car was off... was gonna talk to APR about this... I think it is a good thing but did't expect it... The dealership said they bled the system well but I checked before I left and the (HE)reservoir was full but when I got home it needed some coolant... I added maybe a 1/4 cup... I then started the car and watched the system... Low and behold it does circulate coolant through the tiny reservoir... I will be upgrading to a larger one soon... Not too much space but I could get something bigger... want to look at using the windsheild washer fluid tank as well...

Sorry not the greatest pics... had stuff to do when I got home and it gets dark much sooner now.. LOL I'll take some during the day... The HE takes up the whole front grill... need to do the screen mod asap... I'll post some logs in a few days... strip Wed. and Sat. next week... Let me know if you have any ?'s... later Ron
Attached Images     
Old 08-26-2011, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good show Ron!, we look foward to your logs and 1/4's.

Bruce
Old 08-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I guess one good thing about this is that you're in a hot region of the country. Hopefully that will help you out in getting some good driving data in terms of real world advantage in more day-to-day driving situations. I have a separator kit sitting in the corner but likely won't be getting the HE until next spring or so. Curious to see just how much power I won't be loosing. I'm sure you got a great install and will be sharing plenty of info with us about this...can't wait.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by primetime
Hard to say about results as I drove the car home from the dealer and pretty much got stuck in traffic... IAT's did stay in the high 60's low 70's even sitting for minutes in traffic... They dropped rapidly once driving at a consistent pace... again need to get more data but very promising... will do logging in the morning/sunday...
Very nice. What was the ambient?
Anyone in similar climate have stock IAT readings?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice! I'm considering these as well.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by nunyabiz
I guess one good thing about this is that you're in a hot region of the country. Hopefully that will help you out in getting some good driving data in terms of real world advantage in more day-to-day driving situations. I have a separator kit sitting in the corner but likely won't be getting the HE until next spring or so. Curious to see just how much power I won't be loosing. I'm sure you got a great install and will be sharing plenty of info with us about this...can't wait.
Actually, I am in NE Ohio so not that hot of a part of the country but we nearly had a record setting year on heat and rain... LOL There is no doubt in my mind this system will help all aspects of driving including day to day... However, for me I don't drive the car that often so it was more of just wanting to squeeze additional performance out of the car... The seperator should help you considerably IMO but the real results will come from the HE since it is so big... Just to clarify I DIDN'T do the install, I had my dealer do it... They are very mod friendly and also did my lfc's... They charged me for 3.5 hours labor but it took about 5, in addition to my car tying up a bay since some parts had to be overnighted from APR... I have the install instructions and it really is just tearing the car down, removing the old, and installing the new... few holes and brackets need to be attached but that isn't hard... The only concern I had was purging/bleeding the system so I figured for $300-$400 let them do it...

Originally Posted by gk1
Very nice. What was the ambient?
Anyone in similar climate have stock IAT readings?
Ambient when I was driving home was about 75F, 29.8BP, and 70+ humidity... The car was warm when I left the dealer as they had been road testing it too make sure there were no leaks so it was up to temp already... I then got stuck in rush hour traffic which caused the IAT's to elevate as they always do... Even stock this car has the ability to pull a decent amount of the heat out once moving at a good pace for a short period of time... I have plenty of logs for comparison just need to do some logging now since yesterday wasn't a real good indicator... I have to go to Pitt today for my wifes birthday but will do a bunch on Sunday and post some log results and will then log the passes at the strip and compare them to other passes I made and what the IAT's were then and how much timing I was running...

Oh and thanks Bruce and Scott!
Old 08-27-2011, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Few more in better light to show the size of the HE... It literally takes up the whole front...
Attached Images   
Old 08-27-2011, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice Ron!

Can't wait to see the comparisons between the old logs and the new ones with the updated CPS.

I smell the first B8 S4 11.xx sec pass!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great post... I have so much to learn in modding these cars...
Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by primetime
Actually, I am in NE Ohio so not that hot of a part of the country but we nearly had a record setting year on heat and rain... LOL There is no doubt in my mind this system will help all aspects of driving including day to day... However, for me I don't drive the car that often so it was more of just wanting to squeeze additional performance out of the car... The seperator should help you considerably IMO but the real results will come from the HE since it is so big... Just to clarify I DIDN'T do the install, I had my dealer do it... They are very mod friendly and also did my lfc's... They charged me for 3.5 hours labor but it took about 5, in addition to my car tying up a bay since some parts had to be overnighted from APR... I have the install instructions and it really is just tearing the car down, removing the old, and installing the new... few holes and brackets need to be attached but that isn't hard... The only concern I had was purging/bleeding the system so I figured for $300-$400 let them do it...

Ambient when I was driving home was about 75F, 29.8BP, and 70+ humidity... The car was warm when I left the dealer as they had been road testing it too make sure there were no leaks so it was up to temp already... I then got stuck in rush hour traffic which caused the IAT's to elevate as they always do... Even stock this car has the ability to pull a decent amount of the heat out once moving at a good pace for a short period of time... I have plenty of logs for comparison just need to do some logging now since yesterday wasn't a real good indicator... I have to go to Pitt today for my wifes birthday but will do a bunch on Sunday and post some log results and will then log the passes at the strip and compare them to other passes I made and what the IAT's were then and how much timing I was running...

Oh and thanks Bruce and Scott!

Late night posting FTL The weather we had in july would have been the perfect test for this. These days it's hard enough just trying to see an 85 degree day.

I was lucky enough to get a coolant separator reservoir unused in the box from the classified. Don't really plan on installing it this year...probably wait til next spring and get the HE, maybe the pump, and have it ready to go for next summer. I'm sure you'll keep us updated as to just how affective it's been for you

Quick Reply: CPS Installed...