S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

CPS Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 81bear
Very nice Ron!

Can't wait to see the comparisons between the old logs and the new ones with the updated CPS.

I smell the first B8 S4 11.xx sec pass!
Thanks bud... I can't wait to thrash the car Sunday... Damn strip is open but bikes only... grr... logs and times should be interesting... Wed. and Sat. are supposed to be 80F so should be a good test and I have logs from a 80ish day, 4 passes actually... will be a nice comparison...

Originally Posted by mhs525
Great post... I have so much to learn in modding these cars...
Thanks! Your in the right place to learn... Lots of good folks on the board that share good information, after all that's what it's about...

Originally Posted by nunyabiz
Late night posting FTL The weather we had in july would have been the perfect test for this. These days it's hard enough just trying to see an 85 degree day.

I was lucky enough to get a coolant separator reservoir unused in the box from the classified. Don't really plan on installing it this year...probably wait til next spring and get the HE, maybe the pump, and have it ready to go for next summer. I'm sure you'll keep us updated as to just how affective it's been for you
LOL! It's all good... You should put the serperator on this year... It's looks really straight forward... I have the directions if you need them...
Old 08-28-2011, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok Ron, it's Sunday, get to it!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant wait to hear your reports on this. Im gonna be on this site more often now that you really walked away from the "other" site.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Ok Ron, it's Sunday, get to it!
Sorry, forgot I had a picnic to attend on Sunday... Dang family duties! LOL I did win $40 at cornhole so it was worth it... Then I had to deal with a bat getting in my house and my 20lbs cat destroying the house in an attempt to catch it... LOL Strip Wed.! Supposed to be 80 so it should be a good test and like I mentioned I have logs from an 80ish day at the track to compare to...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know what you mean when you said "cornhole" but not everyone might bro- might want to clarify that this is a game and not something else
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

LOL
Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
I know what you mean when you said "cornhole" but not everyone might bro- might want to clarify that this is a game and not something else
LOL! Nice... Yeah the game cornhole, city horseshoes, bags, etc. Pretty popular around here and we play quite a bit...
Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

It doesn't mean...

Old 09-01-2011, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hey Ron - did you make it to the strip yesterday? Would love to hear your thoughts and see the results of the CPS.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KiLLaApp
Hey Ron - did you make it to the strip yesterday? Would love to hear your thoughts and see the results of the CPS.
Unfortunately, a bat got in my house the other night and in an attempt to capture it it landed on me and scratched me... I then failed to locate it so... I spent 4.5 hours in the ER yesterday begining the rabies vacination process, which prevented me from being able to hit the strip since I didn't get out of there until a little after 8pm... My brother and I tried all morning to find the bat to have it tested so I didn't have to get all the shots but since we couldn't my doctor told me I needed to get vacinated since there is no cure for rabies and it wasn't worth risking my life over... Wife and 5 month old son are going through the process starting today... Fun stuff! LOL So I apologize but will get results soon... Slight chance of rain Sat. but I am hoping to go then and it is supposed to be 85 so it should be a good test... I'll keep everyone posted...

Quick Reply: CPS Installed...