S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

:D:D:D:D

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :D:D:D:D

I pulled the trigger this afternoon on a 2012 S4! Thanks for all the help guys, made me rebuild the car and ended up saving 5gs.

Here's what I got:

7 speed DCT
Navigation
Sport differential
Nappa leather
19" wheels
Pearl blue on mustang brown

The car should be here by October.

I think that's about
Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by boostedE92M3
I pulled the trigger this afternoon on a 2012 S4! Thanks for all the help guys, made me rebuild the car and ended up saving 5gs.

Here's what I got:

7 speed DCT
Navigation
Sport differential
Nappa leather
19" wheels
Pearl blue on mustang brown

The car should be here by October.

I think that's about
Congrats!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By pearl blue I assume you mean Moonlight Blue Metallic? All pearl colors are gone for 2012.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sounds like a great car boostede92M3...you are going to love it!!!!!...but around these parts we call 'em DSG's...not DCT's!

Are you planning any mods???
Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm guessing by your user name and use of the term DCT you're coming from an M3. Why did you trade up?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jimf15e
I'm guessing by your user name and use of the term DCT you're coming from an M3. Why did you trade up?
no trade, I still have my M. I need a daily driver and a winter beater, the M is racking up too many kms, and since I supercharged it, I dont want to stress the motor unnecessarily with all the driving I do. the kit is built fine and the motor can take it just fine, but i just hate seeing high mileage on my cars.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Sounds like a great car boostede92M3...you are going to love it!!!!!...but around these parts we call 'em DSG's...not DCT's!

Are you planning any mods???
DCT, DSG, whatever you want to call it . yeah, hopefully I will do the APR chip tune, intake, pulley upgrade and an exhaust
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

DCT, DSG, whatever you want to call it . yeah, hopefully I will do the APR chip tune, intake, pulley upgrade and an exhaust
Had to tease you a little on that one! I would say you should also consider getting a VAG COM cable so you can delete the winking DRL and add a few other cool features....efficiency mode, video in motion, battery meter, Lap timer which also give you oil temp, etc. The cable will also allow you to measure a bunch of stats on the car and log almost anything...you can also clear fault codes and reset maintenance reminders. It's worth the money.

Sounds like you are looking for extra HP...awesome...I would also think about the Alu Kreuz drivetrain stabilizer...it's inexpensive. I have one and many others do to...we all really like it. There is a group buy going on over on Audizine. This piece will tighten up the handling and give you more feedback thru the steering wheel.

One the tune...make sure you match the tune to the gas you are using. I run 91 oct gas about 15% of the time because I'm forced to and I was told by APR to get the 91 tune, not the 93.

...just trying to help you spend a little more money! Ha Ha Ha.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow...lets not get carried away with performance mods or you might find yourself using the M3 as your DD beater car! j/k! lol!

Congrats man you will love the car and with the mods you listed it will go pretty good too!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by redrocker55
Had to tease you a little on that one! I would say you should also consider getting a VAG COM cable so you can delete the winking DRL and add a few other cool features....efficiency mode, video in motion, battery meter, Lap timer which also give you oil temp, etc. The cable will also allow you to measure a bunch of stats on the car and log almost anything...you can also clear fault codes and reset maintenance reminders. It's worth the money.

Sounds like you are looking for extra HP...awesome...I would also think about the Alu Kreuz drivetrain stabilizer...it's inexpensive. I have one and many others do to...we all really like it. There is a group buy going on over on Audizine. This piece will tighten up the handling and give you more feedback thru the steering wheel.

One the tune...make sure you match the tune to the gas you are using. I run 91 oct gas about 15% of the time because I'm forced to and I was told by APR to get the 91 tune, not the 93.

...just trying to help you spend a little more money! Ha Ha Ha.
2nd. VAG worthy purchase.

Quick Reply: :D:D:D:D