S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Damn it. Rear ended.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diminished value payments vary by state; I did get one on a leased car - the whole Carfax revolution is one of the reasons I have two leased cars at the moment. I got taken on one car for a prior (winter vehicle, purchased used, had an accident that hadn't been reported yet), and hits I've taken on two cars that I've owned from new. If you return the car in "turn in" condition per the lease document, there is generally no provision for accidents during the term unless you have not repaired the damage. I agree, this is minor, and since you are leasing, the only headache is getting it repaired properly. Your up front on the lease is simply amortized over the length of the lease, so shouldn't be an economic loss there. Nonetheless, still a pain.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Calvin C
I dont quite get why you say there goes the suzuka gray investment? How would the color make a difference?
Custom colors cost $2500 (or more for non Audi colors) - you essentially "lose" the value once you pay for the car as you'll never get it back on resale or trade-in. Unless you get a rider on the car for custom paint, then the insurance company won't cover it either, I'll bet.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was on my way to the dealer to get rid of my POS GJC when I got rear ended. It was about $3k in damage. Problem is it immediately killed my trade in value.

The insurance company tried to jerk me around until I asked them how good was there coverage for neck injuries.

I got a quote from the dealer of how much it hurt the trade in value and then told the insurance company exactly how much they were going to give me. She said no. I went to my doctor with neck pains.And sent the information to the insurance company.

Check was there two days later.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tim H A8L
Diminished value payments vary by state; I did get one on a leased car - the whole Carfax revolution is one of the reasons I have two leased cars at the moment. I got taken on one car for a prior (winter vehicle, purchased used, had an accident that hadn't been reported yet), and hits I've taken on two cars that I've owned from new. If you return the car in "turn in" condition per the lease document, there is generally no provision for accidents during the term unless you have not repaired the damage. I agree, this is minor, and since you are leasing, the only headache is getting it repaired properly. Your up front on the lease is simply amortized over the length of the lease, so shouldn't be an economic loss there. Nonetheless, still a pain.
How did you take a hit on two new cars??
Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am confused why you even care with a lease? just has to be fixed and your fine. it is not your car
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Banned

Sorry to see that OP. Car looks awesome in this pic. Ibis + gunmetal wheels is a great combo.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

ouch - not a S4 but had a Baltimoron run into me while stopped a few weeks ago - it just sucks. But it's a lease so just grin and bear it. No one died and no one is going to jail as an attorney friend of mine likes to say.
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

To OP,it sucks but being it's just a lease I wouldn't sweat it as long as it repaired right(damage not that bad).
I own my car outright and if that were to happen to me I would just get it fixed to my satisfaction and be on my way.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
I am confused why you even care with a lease? just has to be fixed and your fine. it is not your car
Most likely since he has put down cash to get down the monthly payment which also lowers residual on the car ie. gives you a option buy it out cheaper in the end of the lease than it's market value.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mannelito
Most likely since he has put down cash to get down the monthly payment which also lowers residual on the car ie. gives you a option buy it out cheaper in the end of the lease than it's market value.
Residual value will be the same on a lease no matter what, you are paying depreciation for the car, the down payment simply reduces the monthly. You will pay the same regardless which is why it makes little sense to put $ down on a lease but doesn't save or cost you more either way, just personal preference. In this case he should be happy he leased, fix the car and give it back, done deal, then lease another one

Quick Reply: Damn it. Rear ended.