S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Dealers in/around the Chicago, IL area - help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers in/around the Chicago, IL area - help please

Hey guy,

I am ready to buy my S4 but I don't want to haggle with a dealer that won't budge. I am not willing to pay more than 500 over invoice. Can anyone recommend any good Audi dealers around Chicago or even further out is fine. Thanks guys. Your responses will be much appreciated.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman1910
Hey guy,

I am ready to buy my S4 but I don't want to haggle with a dealer that won't budge. I am not willing to pay more than 500 over invoice. Can anyone recommend any good Audi dealers around Chicago or even further out is fine. Thanks guys. Your responses will be much appreciated.
Everybody's experiences with dealerships vary tremendously, but I have found The Exchange (Highland Park) and Laurel (Westmont) to be the best options. I hate hate hate hate hate Tinley Park. A friend who just picked up an A5 praises FJ, and since it's closest to home I might give them a try.

As for your approach, when I bought my BMW I simply prepared a very basic email:

- I have no pre-existing relationships with other Audi dealers
- I want a 2011 S4 with X, Y, Z. This is the MSRP. This is the invoice.
- I am willing to pay $XYZ, which is $500 over invoice, plus TTL. (If you're leasing, specify the lease terms.)
- I understand some dealerships do not provide price quotes over email; if yours is one of them, then please disregard this email.
- Typical closing pleasantries (I look forward to a solid relationship with my selling and servicing dealership; apologies if this email makes me look like a ***** but I'm simply too busy with work to "shop" for a car; etc.)
Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Laurel wasn't willing to negotiate, so I bought my car from FJ. While it won't hurt to try, I am doubtful you'll be able to get $500 over invoice. To save time, email all dealers in the Chicago area, say you're ready to buy for $500 over invoice and see if anyone responds.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would second The Exchange. They do a good amount of volume, too, so they are more likely to have an allocation. Bob Pearl took care of me there and I was generally happy with everything.

I can't stress enough how important it is to do your homework, though. Know exactly what you want, what it costs, and what you are willing to pay for it before you walk in the door or pick up the phone.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

After reading 100's of negative reviews about FJ on yelp.com I would think they are a dealership to avoid. Maybe it's just the service department that is bad though.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had a pretty good experience with International Autos in Orland Park. I took my previous A4 there for servicing, so I already had an established relationship with them. When I was looking for an S4 back in May, I emailed various Chicagoland dealers to get the best price ($ over invoice) and then took the offers to Int'l Autos, and they beat every one. Also, my SA always returned emails and phone calls within a reasonable period of time, and my car arrived exactly as ordered (believe it or not, there are people on this forum who did not receive their S4 to the exact specifications that they ordered). So, overall, it was a positive experience, and I intend to use this dealer for my service check-ups even though I live downtown.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys! Fletcher has one I'm interested in and I offered 500 over invoice...they then responded with a deal they claim is 1000 over invoice but by my calculation is 1800 over invoice. I don't like this tactic....I have the invoice right in front of me from multiple sources.....so I guess that isn't going to work out. I even told them I'd come right then and there if they agree to my price. Oh well
Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zman1910
Thanks guys! Fletcher has one I'm interested in and I offered 500 over invoice...they then responded with a deal they claim is 1000 over invoice but by my calculation is 1800 over invoice. I don't like this tactic....I have the invoice right in front of me from multiple sources.....so I guess that isn't going to work out. I even told them I'd come right then and there if they agree to my price. Oh well
Sounds consistent with what I read about them...con artists.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I spoke with every dealer in Chicago, and I have to say that Orland Park is the best I ever dealt with.

I had supplier pricing, so at the end, I went with the dealer that had the earliest allocation, which was Westmont. BUT, had it not been for that, I would NOT had done business with them. I honestly regret it, and at times wished I had just gone to Orland Park even though their allocation was 1 month later.

I owned 3 Audis in my lifetime, and they gave me the worst experience I ever had. I even got into an argument with their sales manager, and was going to write a review about a month ago, but never ended up doing it. (pm me if you want more details)

Now that I see there is a renewed interest in Chicagoland dealers, I felt that it is my duty to contribute my feedback.

I don't ever go back to Westmont - I don't even do my service there. I take it to Orland Park, even though it is out of the way. The service managers there are great, polite, and know their stuff. They are the only Chicagoland STAsSIS dealer (if you care for that kind of stuff).

So anyway, I would like to help out whoever is buying a new S4 in Chicago - I can give you all my spreadsheets and feedback if you want.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by soheagle
I don't ever go back to Westmont - I don't even do my service there. I take it to Orland Park, even though it is out of the way. The service managers there are great, polite, and know their stuff. They are the only Chicagoland STAsSIS dealer (if you care for that kind of stuff).
I also had a disappointing service experience at Laurel with my last car. But FYI, Fletcher is also Stasis dealer.

Quick Reply: Dealers in/around the Chicago, IL area - help please