S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

December deliveries for NA

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
Yes, as such I am sincerely hoping it will not stop in RI

Just talked to my guy and my order changed again...

it's now BACK to the original ETA of 12/21!!!!!! whoo hoo!

It is ship loaded and is expected into port on 12/14.

Now, does anyone want to buy a really nice 2006 civic in beautiful shape?

Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which means it might be on the Triton Highway, if it's due in Halifax on 12/10, it could easily be in RI on 12/14. Of course, if this is true there is no way in hell mine will be in Houston even close to 12/14 and it's supposed to be on the Triton too.

Hmm...
Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

My S-4 is on the Triton Highway...Yeah Due into RI on the 14th according to my dealer. Due in Ohio week of 21st. Same schedule given when released for production.

This is exciting beyond words

Anything unique about the dealer prep? Suggestions of what to look out for.... I need this all written down, Cuz she will look stunning I'm sure and I may just stand there stammering without a script. Thanks for any help
Old 12-02-2009, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by zooomart
My S-4 is on the Triton Highway...Yeah Due into RI on the 14th according to my dealer. Due in Ohio week of 21st. Same schedule given when released for production.

This is exciting beyond words

Anything unique about the dealer prep? Suggestions of what to look out for.... I need this all written down, Cuz she will look stunning I'm sure and I may just stand there stammering without a script. Thanks for any help
As I was going to the dealer, I told myself to make sure to take a look at *everything* on/in the car. Once I saw the car, I was blown away. But you know what ... because I was (and still am, obviously!) very much interested in the car, I found myself looking at it from every angle, inside and out. I checked out the exterior finish, I looked at the trim in the car, I checked all the lights (even the dome lights). I looked at the stitching in the seats and steering wheel. I checked that all the buttons worked. I think that if you just relax for a moment and realize that you'll get to drive the car *anytime* you want (and have fun doing so), if you take the time to survey the car, it'll be worth it.

That said, there was absolutely nothing "wrong" with my car when I got it.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So...If you saw the DSG thread, you know I was at the dealer today.

Good news overall, but inconsistent.

Audi Distribution was certain that the ship it was on was the Triton Highway over a week ago. I didn't ask for this to be confirmed, but my sheet shows it was loaded on a ship on 11/28. Impossible for that to have been the Triton, as it was not even in port then, it arrived 11/30 and departed for Halifax on 12/2, to arrive there on 12/10. Someone else also said they were told it was going to port in Rhode Island at Davisville on 12/14, which fits about how long it would take to make it to RI with an unload in Halifax.

So, I don't think I am on Triton, and will look at the scheduled arrivals, because Audi is very sure it's A) on a ship, and B) due to arrive in Houston for offload on 12/16. This means that if the 8 days it took Bruce and a couple of others to go from Houston to Seattle hold true, it will be arriving on Christmas Eve. I should take delivery Christmas Day - how cool is that?

I also asked about a filler plate instead of a front plate holder and debadging the "V6 T" from the side - they said no problem they would happily do this.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hello gents...and ladies if any are part of the thread.
I'm happy to say that this discussion now has extra interest to me as I have decided to purchase the new S4 as well! Still keeping my '01 Santorin beast for sure! My local dealer in San Diego has a car on order to my liking with a dealer ETA of 12/28 and port ETA of 12/15. However, my sales consultant(and his GSM) can't seem to find any of the better info some of you have found. The "Audi Distribution" term is a foreign word to them. So my question is to all the CA people that have similar delivery dates in hopes of getting a better ETA and possible cargo ship info.

Oh yeah, It's a Ibis White/Black Nappa, Prestige, S tronic, Rear Diff, B&O, Stainless and Piano black

Thanks in advance for the help/info and congrats to everyone...the S4 is finally back!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've been trying to keep track of the Cosmos Venture with no luck. It was due in Rhode Island today, but there's no sign of it. The last updates for it were taken 8 days ago. I did find a new ship, the Hercules Highway, that loaded in Emden on 11/22, got to Halifax on 12/2, appears to be leaving Rhode Island today, headed to Veracruz, Mexico, I'm assuming on its way to the Panama Canal.

This really confuses me, because the Cosmos is lagging behind this boat, even though it loaded in Emden on the 19th! I think I might be stressing myself out.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Cosmos has been rescheduled for Port of Houston arrivals from Dec 7 to Dec 14, 09.

You can find all of the Port of Houston arrival with this link:
http://info.poha.com/vtraffic/arrivals.html

Incidentally, I think VWA under the line column may stand for VolksWagon-Audi, but that is a pure guess on my part.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 PM
srs
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
So...If you saw the DSG thread, you know I was at the dealer today.

Good news overall, but inconsistent.

Audi Distribution was certain that the ship it was on was the Triton Highway over a week ago. I didn't ask for this to be confirmed, but my sheet shows it was loaded on a ship on 11/28. Impossible for that to have been the Triton, as it was not even in port then, it arrived 11/30 and departed for Halifax on 12/2, to arrive there on 12/10. Someone else also said they were told it was going to port in Rhode Island at Davisville on 12/14, which fits about how long it would take to make it to RI with an unload in Halifax.

So, I don't think I am on Triton, and will look at the scheduled arrivals, because Audi is very sure it's A) on a ship, and B) due to arrive in Houston for offload on 12/16. This means that if the 8 days it took Bruce and a couple of others to go from Houston to Seattle hold true, it will be arriving on Christmas Eve. I should take delivery Christmas Day - how cool is that?

I also asked about a filler plate instead of a front plate holder and debadging the "V6 T" from the side - they said no problem they would happily do this.
NWS4Guy - I think I found the boat -

The Athens Highway left Emden on 11/28 and is due to Houston on 12/16 (according to the Port of Houston web site). It fits. What do you think?

We may be getting our cars before New Years after all.

Steve
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by B8 Phantom S4
I've been trying to keep track of the Cosmos Venture with no luck. It was due in Rhode Island today, but there's no sign of it. The last updates for it were taken 8 days ago. I did find a new ship, the Hercules Highway, that loaded in Emden on 11/22, got to Halifax on 12/2, appears to be leaving Rhode Island today, headed to Veracruz, Mexico, I'm assuming on its way to the Panama Canal.

This really confuses me, because the Cosmos is lagging behind this boat, even though it loaded in Emden on the 19th! I think I might be stressing myself out.
I did get some info out of my dealer a few days ago and they gave me the names of two ships that they said the car should be on. I didn't give it much validity because I've been reading about the Cosmos and Courage. The names however, are Daedalus Leader and Centaurus Leader scheduled for San Diego on 12/17 and 12/23. http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/
Maybe you can find out if these ships loaded at one of the ports Audi uses?

Quick Reply: December deliveries for NA