S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Deep Sea Blue and ??? interior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deep Sea Blue and ??? interior?

Have my order in for an Ibis S4, red/black interior. But, I keep thinking about Deep Sea Blue, as it's stunning, and the world doesn't necessarily need another white car.

Only thing is interior. All-black leaves me a little cool on the blue car. You folks that have seen the red/black interior, how do you think it would look in DSB?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stolky
Have my order in for an Ibis S4, red/black interior. But, I keep thinking about Deep Sea Blue, as it's stunning, and the world doesn't necessarily need another white car.

Only thing is interior. All-black leaves me a little cool on the blue car. You folks that have seen the red/black interior, how do you think it would look in DSB?
DSB is beautiful. It was my first choice but you can't combine the black/brown with DSB (for whatever reason...). But then I saw the DSB right next to black and man, it's really really close. The DSB is truly very very dark blue. Gorgeous, but very dark. It looks black unless it's in direct light.

The black/red interior is a statement color. Do it if you feel strong about it. It's meant to stand out. black/red doesn't "go" with anything. That's the point. You have to want that contrast.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=6
Old 11-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is a better link, sorry:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...3#post23876423

(BTW, why can't I edit a post?!?!)
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by trigoe
The black/red interior is a statement color. Do it if you feel strong about it. It's meant to stand out. black/red doesn't "go" with anything. That's the point. You have to want that contrast.
Agreed, up to a point. For me, contrast good, clash bad. I know the black/red contrasts nicely with black, white, and gray. But, again, for me, the contrast with Sprint Blue is downright hideous. My inclination would be to not put it with blue, but DSB is so dark that it just might look really good (sort of the way the taillights look good next to the dark blue).
Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Agreed, up to a point. For me, contrast good, clash bad. I know the black/red contrasts nicely with black, white, and gray. But, again, for me, the contrast with Sprint Blue is downright hideous. My inclination would be to not put it with blue, but DSB is so dark that it just might look really good (sort of the way the taillights look good next to the dark blue).
Honestly, I think it would look as good with the DSB as it does with the black. Which is which to say, pretty friggin' nice! I think Magma is a ballsy choice. I didn't go with it because of the longevity factor for me. I just wasn't sure how it would sit on the eyes after a year or so. But, that's only me and if you dig the magma, man, just do it!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I really like the all black with DSB but I'm biased. To me and S4 is understated power and sportiness so I prefer to keep it understated and stealth. It's too bad you can't get the brown interior like the S5 has - that's pretty nice. But I myself would be 'afraid' of blue and deep sea red. But it truly is a personal choice. Another option is the Alcantra - it's more of a grey color and contrasts well with the leatherette trim on the seats.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I love the red/black interior but wouldn't go for it with DSB. I'd either go all black or what about black and brown? My logic is brown or black shoes look good with a dark blue suit.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Black probably best have seen a couple set up that way looks sharp. Audi really needs to add solid interior colors like the S5. I know with Phantom Black exterior I would have gone Tuscan interior.
I am just not a huge fan of the two tone look. I guess I am a purist.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The dilemma boils down to whether the interior or exterior takes precedent. I've concluded that red/black on DSB is too risky without seeing it first.

That said, I think my choice is PB with red/black, or DSB with black/silver. Just have to decide whether DSB exterior or red/black interior is more important to me. Thanks for the input, guys.

Quick Reply: Deep Sea Blue and ??? interior?