S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Deposit put down, my S4 is ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by helix139
That's the option price for exclusive colors. Don't know that it is negotiable, as I get supplier pricing so there is no negotiation involved on vehicle price.
$2500 flat fee for any non-standard paint color, non-negotiable.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the option price for exclusive colors. Don't know that it is negotiable, as I get supplier pricing so there is no negotiation involved on vehicle price.
Thanks for the info. Did your dealer give you an idea on delivery time? I spoke with my dealer this afternoon and they said it usually adds about 30 days to delivery time when you get an exclusive color. So that would change their quoted delivery time from approximately 90 days (regular color) to 120 days. Just curious what your dealer told you.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rparker35
Thanks for the info. Did your dealer give you an idea on delivery time? I spoke with my dealer this afternoon and they said it usually adds about 30 days to delivery time when you get an exclusive color. So that would change their quoted delivery time from approximately 90 days (regular color) to 120 days. Just curious what your dealer told you.
I'll get that estimate a little later this week, along with my commission number I would expect. The order went in on Monday but my SA was already headed out the door when I talked to him yesterday and didn't have the information for me.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok, here is another question for the OP...

Did you specify Sepang Blue Pearl Effect (standard color on the R8) or Sepang Blue Metallic (standard color on the TT RS)?

I posted a pic of a TT RS earlier in the thread that was listed as being "Sepang Blue". As it is a TT RS, I assume it is the Sepang Blue Metallic.

I saw some photos of a Sepang Blue R8, which I assume is the pearl effect version. Couldn't really tell the difference from the photos.

Curious what you went with and why. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I looked at the 2011 exclusive list, no Sepang Blue for the S4...

http://www.ecodetuning.com/gallery/B...iExclusive.pdf

page 31
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

here's something to ponder on pearl vs. metallic....I've seen sepang blue on an R8 V10 in person in the show room and it is drop dead gorgeous. If it was more like $1000 for a custom color, I would have ordered a car with it, but for $2500, I couldn't justify it no matter how I sliced it. I'm going to be really upset is Audi ends up adding a "good" blue for MY2012, like Sepang, or Santorin. The blue they offer right now is horrible

I pulled this off the internets in regards to pearl vs. metallic:
---
paints that have 'pearl' use round sphere type objects of different sizes, suspended in the basecoat, or in one of many multiple clear coats.
Paints that have 'metallics' are usually flat triangles or quadrangles (flakes) suspended the same way.

so even two cars, painted from the same half gallon of base coat...
one then painted with pearls, the other one with metallic flakes will appear to be totally dissimilar colors in any given lighting....
and would also possess different reflective hues, false shadowing, and specular lighting...

you can accurately almost 'focus' your eye on certain spot,
on a metallic paint finish....
but on a pearl finish of the same basecoat color...appears more liquid....

it's totally more vaguely iridescent....your eye will float on the finish without settling on one place...

also, there will be a wider spectrum on the pearls highlights, but the metallic's 'imaging' contrast will be more intense...

Imagine 1000000 multi-colored signal mirrors in the sun vs. 1000000 polished multi-colored solid and/or translucent ball bearings of exactly the same size....
---
Old 09-01-2010, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you can get it. Go search on Audizine, someone has a Sepang Blue on their B8 S4. That's also the MY2010 guide. The audi website for MY2011 doesn't list Sepang either, but it doesn't matter. You can get ANY color Audi currently has in production for the $2500 fee. And if it's not an in production color, or not even an Audi color, for $6000, you can get it. Only exclusion is Lambo colors.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rparker35
Ok, here is another question for the OP...

Did you specify Sepang Blue Pearl Effect (standard color on the R8) or Sepang Blue Metallic (standard color on the TT RS)?

I posted a pic of a TT RS earlier in the thread that was listed as being "Sepang Blue". As it is a TT RS, I assume it is the Sepang Blue Metallic.

I saw some photos of a Sepang Blue R8, which I assume is the pearl effect version. Couldn't really tell the difference from the photos.

Curious what you went with and why. Thanks in advance for the info.
I wasn't aware there were both Sepang Blue pearl and Sepang Blue metallic. I'll have to make sure my order is correct. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

After doing a bit of digging, I am not sure which version is the standard color for the TT RS. The TT RS brochure available for download on the Audi UK site lists the standard color as "Sepang Blue Metallic", however the TT RS configurator on both the German and French Audi sites list the color as "Sepang Blue Pearl Effect".

By the way, if you do happen visit the German Audi site be sure to check out the photos they have on the R8 GT. It is pretty cool.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wasn't aware there were both Sepang Blue pearl and Sepang Blue metallic. I'll have to make sure my order is correct. Thanks for the heads up!
After doing a bit of digging, I am not sure which version is the standard color for the TT RS. The TT RS brochure available for download on the Audi UK site lists the standard color as "Sepang Blue Metallic", however the TT RS configurator on both the German and French Audi sites list the color as "Sepang Blue Pearl Effect".

By the way, if you do happen visit the German Audi site be sure to check out the photos they have on the R8 GT. It is pretty cool.

Quick Reply: Deposit put down, my S4 is ordered!