S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Discount for former BMW owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount for former BMW owners

Hey,

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this program because I didn't until I went to my third dealer in San Diego. If you have a current registration for a BMW when you buy an Audi S4, VW/Audi NA will give you $750. The program expires March 31 but should get extended. I will do a follow up post when my dealer tells me. Unfortunately they can't lock it in for me. The program has to be active when you take delivery on the car.

If you negotiate a deal for $750 over invoice, you can basically get this car for invoice.

The deal applies to other Audi cars also, but the amount is different.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by westwest888
Hey,

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about this program because I didn't until I went to my third dealer in San Diego. If you have a current registration for a BMW when you buy an Audi S4, VW/Audi NA will give you $750. The program expires March 31 but should get extended. I will do a follow up post when my dealer tells me. Unfortunately they can't lock it in for me. The program has to be active when you take delivery on the car.

If you negotiate a deal for $750 over invoice, you can basically get this car for invoice.

The deal applies to other Audi cars also, but the amount is different.
Do you know if it can be combined with Audi owner loyalty? IE if you currently own a Audi and a BMW.....later Ron
Old 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is what I did on my S4. I negotiated for $750 over invoice the mentioned to the dealer that I have a 335xi that I traded in after closing on the S4. You are correct, the need a copy of the registration. Great incentive!
Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

negotiate an Invoice price... you'll get it for invoice less $750!

and i think they call the program "conquest money..."
Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Does the program work if you have a BMW that is not being turned in? Conquest implies that the Audi purchase/lease is replacing a BMW car. Is all you do is show a valid BMW registration in your name or do you only get the money after you have turned in or sold the BMW? How does it work if you are selling the BMW privately?

I have a 335i lease that runs out on June 20th. I would love to turn it in and upgrade to an S4 but really can't justify paying $250/month more for an S4 lease. Anything that helps make the S4 more financially sensible would help. At the end, however, I think it will make more sense for me to buy my current car from BMWFS at a discount off the residual.

Last edited by Bada Bing; 03-22-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SA just told me about it today. Makes it a no brainer for me to take my car in March rather then waiting for my BMW's lease to run out in April
Old 03-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
Does the program work if you have a BMW that is not being turned in? Conquest implies that the Audi purchase/lease is replacing a BMW car. Is all you do is show a valid BMW registration in your name or do you only get the money after you have turned in or sold the BMW? How does it work if you are selling the BMW privately?

I have a 335i lease that runs out on June 20th. I would love to turn it in and upgrade to an S4 but really can't justify paying $250/month more for an S4 lease. Anything that helps make the S4 more financially sensible would help. At the end, however, I think it will make more sense for me to buy my current car from BMWFS at a discount off the residual.
You just need to be registered in a BMW. It does not need to be a conquest in the true definition of the word. I am in the same situation as you. BMW's usually lease so well! I love the S4, except for the steering (subjective - please no flames), but it is hard to justify the higher payment. It is close right now with 2011 pricing but I, too am leaning towards buyout. I am negotiating with multiple dealers currently on the Bimmer. I do love my 335i...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You don't need to turn in the BMW. You just need to own one in your name with a valid registration.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
It is close right now with 2011 pricing but I, too am leaning towards buyout. I am negotiating with multiple dealers currently on the Bimmer. I do love my 335i...
I'm not sure I get what you mean about it being close with 2011 pricing. My cousin recently bought his 2008 335i at lease end for something like $6,700 below the contract residual. He did pay $2K to get the car CPO'd but it seemed well worth the money since BMW was also throwing in free maintenance for 6 yr/100K miles on top of the CPO warranty. It wasn't one of the bigger SoCal BMW dealerships with high overhead and fancy showroom. I will contact them after I send in my last lease payment. If I can get about $6K off my $28,287 residual, I am keeping the car.

BTW, thanks to those who replied to my post for the clarification on conquest money.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
I'm not sure I get what you mean about it being close with 2011 pricing. My cousin recently bought his 2008 335i at lease end for something like $6,700 below the contract residual. He did pay $2K to get the car CPO'd but it seemed well worth the money since BMW was also throwing in free maintenance for 6 yr/100K miles on top of the CPO warranty. It wasn't one of the bigger SoCal BMW dealerships with high overhead and fancy showroom. I will contact them after I send in my last lease payment. If I can get about $6K off my $28,287 residual, I am keeping the car.se who replied to my post for the clarification on conquest money.
What I mean is that BMW 2011 model lease rates are so high right now, an S4 is close or lower cost (to lease). For me, I am comparing a buyout to both of these options. If I could get as much of a discount on the buyout as you describe or even close, it would be a no-brainer right now for me. Keep the 335... We will see what quotes I get...

Quick Reply: Discount for former BMW owners