S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Do you want a new 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by quattro.it
How old are your kids? The rear side airbags are designed for adults.
+1, I was going to get these for mine until I talked to the SA while ordering, and they said do NOT get this for children, it's actually a saftey hazard for smaller bodies in the rear.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

+1...if they're still in ANY kid of car seats, don't think you want the rear side airbags...there's still the side curtain aribags as standard that'll protect against flying glass, but the rear side airbags could potentially move car seats from what I understand.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny - I live in the Seattle area and had reps at University and Barrier looking for S4s for me this past month. Not until two days ago did one pop up and it was a dealer demo. I ended buying it since I had to make the purchased by Friday to get the supplier discount (long story). Ended up getting a pretty good deal on a Premium Plus (i think), but really wanted a Prestige.

Maybe it was because I only want S-Tronic and rear diff was a must, but curious what dealer you're referring to. Doing a quick search, I think you're referring to Barrier, but maybe those incoming ones are all 6sp.

Anyway - what a car!
Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did you go with the Ibis one at University? Congrats on the new ride! Yes Barrier has some autos coming in, just not sure if they have Diff
Old 05-01-2010, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well I didn't know that about the airbags and no one at tbe dealership mentioned it, but fortunately the kids are definitely adult-sized, a 5'8" 16 yo daughter and a 5'10" 170 15 yo son.

So it all works out fine, but I still wish someone would have mentioned the limitations of the airbags when I was ordering them, they really should do that for everyone who orders them.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, picked that's the one. Really wanted one in white, so lucked out. Wish it had smart key and the rear screens for my daughter, but oh well. Still learning to drive the S-tronic - learn new things each drive and continue to be impressed
Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
Yep, picked that's the one. Really wanted one in white, so lucked out. Wish it had smart key and the rear screens for my daughter, but oh well. Still learning to drive the S-tronic - learn new things each drive and continue to be impressed
I drove your car! Also drove the quartz gray 6 spd that they had at University back in January. My S4 should be arriving to University in the next two weeks...can't wait!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ssaa77
I contacted Ben about an S4 and he told me about that one around 3 weeks ago, I just wasn't ready to dive in quite yet...when it was all said and done, I too wanted Prestige and decided just to wait and order exactly what I wanted. Glad that car went to someone who will appreciate it, congrats!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well we def need to have a meet and greet in the Seattle area here one sunny weekend day. Even if you don't have one yet, and are here and interested, come by and say hi. I'm sure you will be taken on a drive if you want, and might even be able to get someone to let you drive theirs and see what you think.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Barrier only has 1, maybe 2 2010 S4 ST7, and 1 MT6 coming by the end of July with the sport diff. A few of both 2011 models will be arriving in August.

Quick Reply: Do you want a new 2010?