S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Does anyone know what USAA members get for a discount?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know what USAA members get for a discount?

I heard it was $1,500 over invoice. Is this correct?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nica
You can do better than that just by negotiating. I think most people are getting between 500 - 1500 over invoice without the USAA discount.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nica
If your active duty and going to be deployed soon you will get the best deal through the military sales. You can go to the USAA website and see what people are paying, but the military sales beats the best deal they can negotiate.

I plan on purchasing a 2011 or '12 through them.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

usaa discount is a waste of time. i did it online and the dealership had someone call me, i told him exactly what i wanted but he still tried to sell me every other car on the lot. Eventually he tried to get an s4 from another dealership but couldn't find the one i was looking for, and said that he couldnt offer me the discount if i ordered one from the factory.

As for the military sales. they were kind enough to let me order my car a couple weeks after returning home from deployment, i ordered my 2011 in march and it was built the first week of june but its just sitting at the factory now. I dont know what the hold up is for shipping but they keep telling me i wont get it until the end of september . o well at least im saving a few thousand.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I bought my Jetta TDI through USAA for $500 over invoice back when the stealers were charging $500 over MSRP.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I used the USAA discount

I paid $1,000.00 over invoice about a year ago. This was right after I saw the first demo car on a lot in Virginia. I called the USAA rep and he gave me the price. I then went to a local dealer and they initially said they could not match the price. I then asked to talk to the sales manager and he agreed to the price with no issues.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PGS4
I paid $1,000.00 over invoice about a year ago. This was right after I saw the first demo car on a lot in Virginia. I called the USAA rep and he gave me the price. I then went to a local dealer and they initially said they could not match the price. I then asked to talk to the sales manager and he agreed to the price with no issues.
My USAA price was $700 over invoice for a 2010 S4 and $1100 over for a 2011. I did not go with USAA's preferred dealer but was able to use their prices to negotiate with my local dealer.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

USAA is Zag. Zag is entirely dependent on what a dealer in your region is willing to do. In other words, a dealer decides if they will participate, and they set a price above invoice for which they are willing to sell a car. For instance, no matter how I configured the S4, the price was invoice plus 1200. Other folks were getting it for invoice plus 300. This is why there is a geographical variance: it's driven by whether there is a dealer in your area that has agreed to sell a car for "invoice + x." Dealer can also agree only to sell some cars at Zag price - for instance, all the NorCal dealers appear willing to sell an A4 or A3 at a fixed price, but far fewer (in fact only one) for an S4.

When you select the "show me my Zag dealer" button, what you see is a list of dealers - what's listed first are the dealers who are actually willing to sell you the car for that price, and a price is listed. The next dealers are the list have only a "get a quote" or similar button, and they have not agreed to the price - they're only going to offer what they offer.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used the price from USAA recommended dealer to negotiate with a local dealer as well.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vaterp
usaa discount is a waste of time. i did it online and the dealership had someone call me, i told him exactly what i wanted but he still tried to sell me every other car on the lot. Eventually he tried to get an s4 from another dealership but couldn't find the one i was looking for, and said that he couldnt offer me the discount if i ordered one from the factory.

As for the military sales. they were kind enough to let me order my car a couple weeks after returning home from deployment, i ordered my 2011 in march and it was built the first week of june but its just sitting at the factory now. I dont know what the hold up is for shipping but they keep telling me i wont get it until the end of september . o well at least im saving a few thousand.
I would have used military sales as well, but couldn't as the S4 was not available yet and I had been back state side for 4 months. I would say if you have the option to do an over seas sales agreement that is the best route, other wise USAA was a good deal for me as I also got the sales tax back from my purchase due to the tax incentive for buying a new car that year.