S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Does S4 drive more like FWD or RWD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
It drives like a rear biased AWD car.

I think so too. If you step on it in the snow...the car will initially act very much like a rear wheel drive...which I love.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I see you're from Queens! I'm from LI (Great Neck to be exact) and I was wondering where you go the Audi from?? Biener, Anchor, Town etc? And what kind of deal if any did they give you?? Also which S4 did you get? PP or Prestige. You can PM me if you don't want to post it, I was just looking around at S4's and I kinda wanna see what you got and the rough price for when I go in to negotiate a little. Thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I didn't get my car yet. It's coming in mid-March. I test drove it in Biener but ended up ordering through Zag.com at Bell Audi. I got a Prestige with Titanium package on it for $500 over the invoice. I am kind of weary that I could have gotten better treatment at Biener for service had I gotten the car from them, but I'd have been paying $500 under the MSRP. They didn't really want to deal, saying that this is a limited-run car and hard to come by. I head Anchor Audi is terrible. NJ dealers seem to be better. Bell and Palisades Audi seem to be good. You are going to have to wait around 3 1/2 months if you order a custom order no matter what. I ordered mine in early December. I believe my total price was around 58,500 for Prestige, ADS, and Titanium before taxes. If you ordered right now you can get the S4 for May, when the weather will be great. Who wants to drive a brand new car through snow right away?
Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I the only guy who's spun out his S4 (with sports diff) in the dry? Jeepers, you guys are babying your cars too much!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drrick89
Am I the only guy who's spun out his S4 (with sports diff) in the dry? Jeepers, you guys are babying your cars too much!!!
oohhh no...I have done that also...suprised the hell out of me the first time and put one giant grin on my face!!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do not have the sports diff... It handles like a rwd in the snow from what i seen. Nothing at all like my maxima it handles like my miata did and like my 350z with better traction
Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't spin mine out, but I definitely wagged the tail. Felt awesome!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Spinning out on the streets with isn't something I'd be wanting to do, especially with other traffic or on a mountain pass. I'm sure there is a line between driving spirited and carelessly.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Iono
Spinning out on the streets with isn't something I'd be wanting to do, especially with other traffic or on a mountain pass. I'm sure there is a line between driving spirited and carelessly.
I believe the quoted incicdent occured during an AutoX event.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

The ability to hang the tail out a bit in the right situation is why I bought the sports diff! Wet or dry

Quick Reply: Does S4 drive more like FWD or RWD?