S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Does a special order have to go through the port?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does a special order have to go through the port?

I've placed an order with my SA for a '11 S4 in a special order color. He said the order has to go through the port, so it's taking longer than expected to finalize and get the commission number.

Anyone hear of this before?

- Mark
Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have heard that some people who ordered an '11 still have not received their commission numbers, though I'm not sure if it is for the same reasons that you describe.

As an aside, I was pretty disappointed today to learn that my 2011, which I ordered 2 weeks ago, is not scheduled to be delivered until November! I know that Audi likes to overshoot the delivery estimates by a few weeks or so, but still, that means I have to wait until October at the earliest.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, I can't answer either of those questions so I might as well ask another one: how much did the special order color set you back? The sepang blue car that was shown on here recently was beautiful. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by clochner
I have heard that some people who ordered an '11 still have not received their commission numbers, though I'm not sure if it is for the same reasons that you describe.

As an aside, I was pretty disappointed today to learn that my 2011, which I ordered 2 weeks ago, is not scheduled to be delivered until November! I know that Audi likes to overshoot the delivery estimates by a few weeks or so, but still, that means I have to wait until October at the earliest.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
Wow that seems like a really long time for yours. I ordered two weeks ago as well and mine is set top be at the dealer around the middle of august.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RavinJetta
Wow that seems like a really long time for yours. I ordered two weeks ago as well and mine is set top be at the dealer around the middle of august.
Well the SA told me to expect it around August as well. However, I called AoA today, and the representative said that it won't be delivered until November. You may want to check with AoA, since it sounds like we ordered our cars around the same date.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LeadToRome
Well, I can't answer either of those questions so I might as well ask another one: how much did the special order color set you back? The sepang blue car that was shown on here recently was beautiful. Thanks.
They're waiting for the exact price from the port, but it should be around the usual $2500
Old 05-28-2010, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

November?!?!? I was told August, I've had my commission number about 2 wks now. I'll be bummed if it takes until November. Guess I better get on the phone...
Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well the SA told me to expect it around August as well. However, I called AoA today, and the representative said that it won't be delivered until November. You may want to check with AoA, since it sounds like we ordered our cars around the same date.
Do you have a commission number yet? I got my commission number on the 22nd and all the estimated time frames.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RavinJetta
Do you have a commission number yet? I got my commission number on the 22nd and all the estimated time frames.
Yes. I received my commission # on May 17 when the car was ordered. I just e-mailed my SA to get his response.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was pretty disappointed today to learn that my 2011, which I ordered 2 weeks ago, is not scheduled to be delivered until November! I know that Audi likes to overshoot the delivery estimates by a few weeks or so, but still, that means I have to wait until October at the earliest.
Good news. My SA just got back to me - expected delivery is mid-August. Not sure why AoA gave me the November delivery date. Probably won't deal with them again.

Quick Reply: Does a special order have to go through the port?