S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

door locks Q5/s4

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default door locks Q5/s4

Helo Audi people such as myself. My question is can someone tell me why in my wife's Q5 2012 I can touch the auto lock square on the door before I close all the doors o. the car and it wil lock the doors and beep when the last door closes, but with my S4 (my baby) I have to wait until all the passangers are out of the car to touch the little square on the handle to lock the doors. I bought the VAGCOM cable and have done the normal changes like wink, dis drive number,windows etc but cannot find the code for this. help
Old 10-01-2012, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean you have to wait for all the doors to close before pressing the lock rectangle?

On my 2013 I can press the rectangle on a closed door while other doors are open, and it locks and chirps after the last door is closed. I haven't tried the lock rectangle on an open door though.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Pressing the rectangle doesn't work on mine until all the doors are closed either. If there is a tweak to change this I would be interested in it as well. It is somewhat annoying to have to wait till all doors all closed for this to work.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1

Originally Posted by goti
Pressing the rectangle doesn't work on mine until all the doors are closed either. If there is a tweak to change this I would be interested in it as well. It is somewhat annoying to have to wait till all doors all closed for this to work.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stereodude
Do you mean you have to wait for all the doors to close before pressing the lock rectangle?

On my 2013 I can press the rectangle on a closed door while other doors are open, and it locks and chirps after the last door is closed. I haven't tried the lock rectangle on an open door though.
Yes I have to wait until my wife closes the door before I can lock the doors with the rectangle button on the (closed) door.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by texasDFWS4
Yes I have to wait until my wife closes the door before I can lock the doors with the rectangle button on the (closed) door.
Oh... I tried my car again today and confirmed the little rectangle doesn't do anything if pressed on an open door. But it does what you're after.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by texasDFWS4
Helo Audi people such as myself. My question is can someone tell me why in my wife's Q5 2012 I can touch the auto lock square on the door before I close all the doors o. the car and it wil lock the doors and beep when the last door closes, but with my S4 (my baby) I have to wait until all the passangers are out of the car to touch the little square on the handle to lock the doors. I bought the VAGCOM cable and have done the normal changes like wink, dis drive number,windows etc but cannot find the code for this. help
I think my s4 has the same problem
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think that with the problems that the site is having I'm not able to post in the right place but if someone could ask this question to the right persons maybe we can find the answer. I bought the VOGCOM cable for this reason and the winking LED of course but this is the one that I would love to find and fix. My wife is great, but she knows how to bust em and when I mentioned this was a problem she was all over it. So if I could find a code I'd be greatful.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can change some lock/unlock settings in MMI such as whether to affect all doors or just the driver door, but I'm not aware of a way to lock the doors when a non-driver door is open with the advanced key feature through MMI or vagcom changes.

FWIW, I am pretty sure I can lock the car with non-driver doors open using the FOB on my non-advanced key model as long as the driver door is shut. Barbaric, I know, but try this?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

That works but I know that it works without the fob in my wife's 12 Q5 but not in my12 S4.

Quick Reply: door locks Q5/s4