S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Dreaded Discount ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stolky
Are you talking SF Bay Area? Because if so, would love to know who is doing S4s at $1k over invoice. I've only found one dealer in the Bay Area willing to go under MSRP, and that was $1500 under.
Same here. My lease is up at end of December, and when I was looking a month ago, I only found 1 dealer willing to discount off of MSRP. it was 2k under MSRP, but their allocations were taken up thru december. I found 1 dealer who had an open allocation, but no discounts at all.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NWS4Guy
If you really want one, I encourage you to take that The car was recently Dyno'd and shows that the WHP is drastically underrated by Audi from what it really is - which is why it is such a sleeper and monster. The engine is very well done and stands to become very moddable. There will only be 3,000 sold in the US for 2010.
I've got a hold on the car already, just waiting to finalize the numbers
Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are you talking SF Bay Area? Because if so, would love to know who is doing S4s at $1k over invoice. I've only found one dealer in the Bay Area willing to go under MSRP, and that was $1500 under.
Stolky and kyee,

yea, I'm talking about the SF Bay Area

Try Steven's Creek Audi and Rector. In another post, someone said they were quoted $1000 over invoice at Rector, but got it price matched at Steven's Creek.

And even in another post, someone poster Carlsen Audi automatically discounting $2000 off msrp without even asking.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Stolky and kyee,

Try Steven's Creek Audi and Rector. In another post, someone said they were quoted $1000 over invoice at Rector, but got it price matched at Steven's Creek.

And even in another post, someone poster Carlsen Audi automatically discounting $2000 off msrp without even asking.
Thanks, ShadowJet. Say, I'm going to be ordering one in the next few days. While I really want Phantom black, I'm a little worried about keeping it clean, and still pondering other options like Meteor, Ibis, and Deep Sea (although that's probably as hard to keep clean as black). What made you choose Meteor? Looks nice in some pics, but not sure about the greenish cast it seems to throw in some light.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks, ShadowJet. Say, I'm going to be ordering one in the next few days. While I really want Phantom black, I'm a little worried about keeping it clean, and still pondering other options like Meteor, Ibis, and Deep Sea (although that's probably as hard to keep clean as black). What made you choose Meteor? Looks nice in some pics, but not sure about the greenish cast it seems to throw in some light.
I went in knowing I was going to get black, but that changed when I saw the meteor gray in person. For a few reasons.

#1 Too many people have black, although I still think it looks damn sexy
#2 Hard to upkeep
#3 My cousin drives a B8 Brilliant Black A4 S-Line

To me Meteor looked unique, and I, personally, didn't see a green hue. I wasn't looking for it though, if that makes a difference. The color to me was definitely more gray, maybe a very slight hue of blue in certain light, but not green. I just think meteor doesn't photograph well.

Steven's Creek has a meteor on site, and it was actually the car I test drove.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sounds good. Blueish I can deal with, green not so much. Damn, the Phantom looks so good to me, but I know it won't look that good most of the time.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Stolky and kyee,

I did get the 2k off offer from StevensCreek, but my problem is that I need the car in December, when my lease is up. I only found 1 dealer who had an open allocation with December delivery, and they weren't willing to discount. I'm kind of backed into a corner here, as I waited too long before deciding on the S4 and placing the order.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kyee
I did get the 2k off offer from StevensCreek, but my problem is that I need the car in December, when my lease is up. I only found 1 dealer who had an open allocation with December delivery, and they weren't willing to discount. I'm kind of backed into a corner here, as I waited too long before deciding on the S4 and placing the order.
Ahhh I see,

I ended up getting lucky and getting an allocation due to December when I put my order in Oct. 12.

You might want to consider deaing with internet sales managers for dealers in socal. There seems to be a lot more availability down there. I know Bakersfield Audi has a Brilliant Black S-Stronic on their lot right now. I called them using the zag.com/amex pricing, and they were going to honor it. $300 over invoice!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks. I just shot Bakersfield Audi an email asking about their S4's.